cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Superhub 3 - Orange ish light - Intermittent wifi internet access

mattr2102
Joining in

Issue:

Wifi is working only for short periods of time requiring constantly turning the wifi off and on, on the laptop/phone or being unable to access internet altogether.

Wifi connection strength is shown as good but internet is not accessible. 

This has been tried from two different laptops and two different phones. (laptops and phones have no issue with wifi at another property).

The issue has been occurring now for many weeks. (I have been a customer for years without this issue).

Phone calls to Virgin have not resolved and the reply received has been that ~” upgrade works are taking place in your area and the issue will go away in 48 hours”. The issue has not gone away.

Tried:

I have rebooted the router many times.

I have removed any device using the wifi network that may be causing an issue.

I have performed a hard reset of the router.

I have checked the connections to the back of the router are secure.

Request:

Have tried the above and read similar threads such as:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Orange-Light/td-p/4423222

I would like to request a replacement router, is there a way for this to happen without going through the call centre?

If there are other steps to try prior to doing this then please let me know.

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can check for real known issues (other than those made up by offshore agents to get you off the phone) by trying the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

See what they say.

The orange light is usually due to the cheap nature of the LED's used in the Hub3 construction

But..... is it a Hub/network connection issue - or just a wifi one?

Are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

Different pats to a solution depend on knowing that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mattr2102, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having WiFi issues.  I would like to take a closer look.  I am going to send you a privae message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R