cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media refused to send a second WiFi Intelligent Pod

ValeriaBinello
Tuning in

I had a bewildering call with Virgin Media yesterday,  28.02.2022 about Intelligent Pods: I was promised up to three Intelligent Pods in the package, however after receiving the first one and requesting a second one as I was promised, I was refused it!
My router is on the first floor of the house  and I have a black spot on the second floor and one in the ground floor. The first intelligent pod really covered very well the second floor, so I simply need another one for the ground floor.

On the call I was told that I could have some chances of getting another one based on some tests (why chances? It’s in the contract!) and then they made me have an Internet speed test in exactly the location next to the pod, where Internet was working.

I kept repeating that I need a second pod for another floor, but it was a “computer says no” situation. As a part of my contract I should be given up to 3 pods, so why Virgin Media is not sending me a second one to cover a black spot in the ground floor.

I was completely shocked to be refused what was promised to me as a part of the rental and I’d very much like to know why this happening and how to get a second pod  as promised and advertised by Virgin Media.

Thanks 

kind regards 

valeria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM initially supply one pod per account. That sorts wifi issues for the majority of customers. This is to preserve the stocks so they are not just handing them out willy nilly to Pod collectors 🙂

They just used to say a Tech visit was required to test whether additional pods were need - they would do the suggested tests. I am not sure if the Tech visits are still required. Nonetheless if you need additional pods they will be supplied. I suggest you forget calling offshore CS and wait wait here until a VM person picks this thread up in a day or two and and can explore with you getting additional pods,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM initially supply one pod per account. That sorts wifi issues for the majority of customers. This is to preserve the stocks so they are not just handing them out willy nilly to Pod collectors 🙂

They just used to say a Tech visit was required to test whether additional pods were need - they would do the suggested tests. I am not sure if the Tech visits are still required. Nonetheless if you need additional pods they will be supplied. I suggest you forget calling offshore CS and wait wait here until a VM person picks this thread up in a day or two and and can explore with you getting additional pods,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Dear John, amazing reply, thanks! You are right on one thing, forget calling Customer Service. I hope VM can pickup from here and help me.

I am sincerly not trying to collect WiFi Intelligent Pods but I need a second one as promised in the contract. This is due to the particular setup of the house I live in, it has three floors and the signal is weak on the floors without the router. Most upsetting for me of all was that Virgin Media said I can just call and request additional ones, noone ever mentioned even a Tech visit, nor was one offered when I called Customer Service.

I am also interested to hear if anyone else has also experienced a brick wall when requesting an additional Intelligent Pod, this is not how WM advertises them and sells the package (up to three pods, just call to request an additional one...).

Thanks again John for your first reply and I am looking forward to hearing further feedback or suggestions.

Best regards

Valeria

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its just a broken communication system, pants website and poor offshore support that contributes to the misunderstandings re the Pod supply.

TBH... although they are worth trying as they are free, I would suggest you explore options for taking matters into your own hands and sorting it out for yourself - just in case you are disappointed with the performance in a sprawling 3-floor property.

For information/comparison purposes only at this stage (see if the Pods sort it)... have a look at what a 3-pack Mesh system might deliver... such as these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Deco-S4-3-pack-Beamforming/dp/B0851D6MXY/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M5-Coverage-Replacement-Antivirus/dp/B071241G3R/

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi ValeriaBinello,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion over the pods and how many you can have.

So I can take a closer look I'll need a few details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex, amazing and message recieved, million thanks!

With best regards

Valeria