cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media hub bliking green light

arpitbajpai
Joining in

Hi,

We have moved house recently and did inform virgin media about the move. The activation date on the new property was 7th Jan 2023. On the day I received a message to type GO and send to virgin media so that account can be activated, which I did. Then received a message back saying my account is now activated. Virgin Media Hub 3 is blinking green light since account activation is done. Called Customer Services call got transferred to Level 2 support who says they cannot activate my account. Now I am confused, about what is happening. Since the 7th I have had no internet connection. The engineer is booked for 13 Jan 2023, but is there something I can check in meanwhile which help me to get back on the internet?

Thanks

Arpit Bajpai

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_______

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you may need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number. find out why they cannot activate your account and then Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @arpitbajpai,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service activation. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. I have been unable to access your service on our system to further look into this. Have you tried the great advice given by @jbrennand? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

arpitbajpai
Joining in

UPDATE: After a long wait, finally engineer visited and found that the fiber disconnected from the box which was right on the road by some other engineer.

I am up and running now.

LESSON LEARNT: if something happens DON'T WAIT TO BOOK FOR ENGINEER, there is way long time delay in getting an appointment, so the sooner you book the better it is. Virgin doesn't care once you are a customer. They will prioritize new connections over the existing ones, so book it before dates move new month.

Thanks to everyone who read the message and replied.

Thanks

Arpit

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread with this. If you need anything going forward - please let us know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.