cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media continues to scam me and avoids CISAS order

seunje
Dialled in

Hey, does anyone know what can be done when Virgin Media is impossible to contact when they have been ordered by CISAS to enable me terminating my contact without penatly?

Besides that I have been completely disconnected from broadband for last week+

7 REPLIES 7

g0akc
Problem sorter

Speak to CISAS.  They usually review cases and any non compliance with VM periodically.

I’ve had it take months for compensation payments after a decision.

If you've had no broadband is that due to a fault or have they gone ahead with the cessation of service ordered/requested?

I see the dilemma if you’re looking to take up service from another provider.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you get a bill from VM you MUST pay it. If you do not then they will put a marker on your name with the credit reference agencies and you will then find it very difficult to get it removed. You can then claim the money back from VM. I know it’s the wrong way around, but being listed with a credit reference agency can stop you getting credit and even a mortgage. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@g0akc wrote:

Speak to CISAS.  They usually review cases and any non compliance with VM periodically.

I’ve had it take months for compensation payments after a decision.

If you've had no broadband is that due to a fault or have they gone ahead with the cessation of service ordered/requested?

I see the dilemma if you’re looking to take up service from another provider.

I had no broadband which is I assume is due to a fault. I have not asked them to stop the service at the time the broadband went out.

However I got lucky enough this morning to finally get through to someone quite sensible on the support and they have initiated the cancellation.

Thanks for the info on CISAS - I still have to check whether Virgin Media has paid me back.

@Tudor wrote:

If you get a bill from VM you MUST pay it. If you do not then they will put a marker on your name with the credit reference agencies and you will then find it very difficult to get it removed. You can then claim the money back from VM. I know it’s the wrong way around, but being listed with a credit reference agency can stop you getting credit and even a mortgage. 

Not sure why you are saying this here but I trust that is a very good advice 👍

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey seunje, thank you for reaching our on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear you've had a case with us and you're unable to reach our team for updates.

Based on our checks we can confirm that we can see there's recently been some activity on the account related to this.

Also, the account and service have been disconnected and you're now showing as a former customer on our systems.

Can you please advise if you've received any email communication from us in regard to this issue/case and if you also had a final bill out?

Please, have a read here as well for more on our complaints process and how we handle these cases, for your reference.

Let us know of the above and please check the latest bill out to let us know if you have it.

Here to help with any questions or concerns you may have.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jagdipsingh23
Joining in

Hi all,

Can I have your legal teams contact details please? I also want to submit a small claims, Virgin Media do not show up on CISA's covered companies anymore and thats not a supprise at all. I was told 45 days ago that I would recieve a cheque and its been a year since the charges started and I have not been with Virgin Media for almost 8 months. Today is the 1 year anniversary of the charges. So, even after you leave them they will not honour anything. Do not use Virgin Media at all.

@jagdipsingh23 wrote:

Hi all,

Can I have your legal teams contact details please? I also want to submit a small claims, Virgin Media do not show up on CISA's covered companies anymore and thats not a supprise at all. I was told 45 days ago that I would recieve a cheque and its been a year since the charges started and I have not been with Virgin Media for almost 8 months. Today is the 1 year anniversary of the charges. So, even after you leave them they will not honour anything. Do not use Virgin Media at all.

Ombudsman Services is now the adjudicator for VM disputes (not CISAS as of Jan 2023)

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

I believe the small claims route expects you to have exhausted formal arbitration processes first of all