Menu
Il_fenomeno
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media blocking IPTV

Can you please explain why Virgin Media  is blocking my access to IPTV during peak evenings if there is no traffic management in my pack. As soon as I use VPN it connects straight away.  I pay the most expensive broadband for a reason.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media blocking IPTV

Given a VPN resolves your issue, doesn’t that mean that your IPTV service (whatever that is?) is blocking your Virgin Media IP address?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Il_fenomeno
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Was this supossed to be an answer? An idiotic question??? The point is why Virgin Media is blocking my access to IPTV severs during peak evenings and weekends without telling me this. I shouldn’t have to pay extra for VPN in order to connect to servers. 

Ps: VPN solves the problem instantly without blocking the ip because IPTV providers care about customers.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Given a VPN resolves your issue, doesn’t that mean that your IPTV service (whatever that is?) is blocking your Virgin Media IP address?

An IPTV  is TV over the web eg https://iptv.shop/

From IPTV shop    Using a VPN or proxy servers is not allowed while connecting to our servers and will result in permanent suspension.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Il_fenomeno wrote:

Was this supossed to be an answer? An idiotic question??? The point is why Virgin Media is blocking my access to IPTV severs during peak evenings and weekends without telling me this. I shouldn’t have to pay extra for VPN in order to connect to servers. 

Ps: VPN solves the problem instantly without blocking the ip because IPTV providers care about customers.

I thought I’d answered you. Virgin Media will not be blocking access to your IPTV service. Your IPTV service is blocking your Virgin Media IP address.

Which IPTV service are you using?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6 wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

An IPTV  is TV over the web eg https://iptv.shop/

From IPTV shop    Using a VPN or proxy servers is not allowed while connecting to our servers and will result in permanent suspension.

Thanks, @Buffer6. So accessing such an IPTV service would cause the user to be blocked (at a user level, rather than an IP address level) - not that I am suggesting this is the OP’s issue.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Website blocking injunctions granted for FA Premier League and UEFA 2018-2019 seasons (High Court)

The High Court (Arnold J) has granted injunctions to block access during the 2018-2019 football season to certain websites which had previously provided infringing live streams of Premier League and UEFA match footage to UK consumers. (The Football Association Premier League Ltd v British Telecommunications Plc and others [2018] EWHC 1828 (Ch), 18 July 2018 and Union Des Associations Europeennes De Football v British Telecommunications Plc and others [2018] EWHC 1900 (Ch), 24 July 2018.)

Many IPTV providers will find their service is blocked to UK Internet users at times when Premier League football is shown. 

The extended Premier League High Court Injunction impacts BT, EE, Plusnet, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media; meaning that all customers of these providers attempting to watch live ‘pirate’ Premier League football on Kodi and IPTV devices may suddenly be subjected to blocks.

This will mean they cannot watch the football stream they tuned in for and would also be blocked from non-football channels on their IPTV or Kodi service.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

that service looks very illegal. No way you can legally get that many channels for that price

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Sololobo wrote:

Website blocking injunctions granted for FA Premier League and UEFA 2018-2019 seasons (High Court)

The High Court (Arnold J) has granted injunctions to block access during the 2018-2019 football season to certain websites which had previously provided infringing live streams of Premier League and UEFA match footage to UK consumers. (The Football Association Premier League Ltd v British Telecommunications Plc and others [2018] EWHC 1828 (Ch), 18 July 2018 and Union Des Associations Europeennes De Football v British Telecommunications Plc and others [2018] EWHC 1900 (Ch), 24 July 2018.)

Many IPTV providers will find their service is blocked to UK Internet users at times when Premier League football is shown. 

The extended Premier League High Court Injunction impacts BT, EE, Plusnet, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media; meaning that all customers of these providers attempting to watch live ‘pirate’ Premier League football on Kodi and IPTV devices may suddenly be subjected to blocks.

This will mean they cannot watch the football stream they tuned in for and would also be blocked from non-football channels on their IPTV or Kodi service.

Thank you, @Sololobo, from me and the OP as you have likely answered his question.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Il_fenomeno
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you! It was obvious Virgin Media is blocking them, I wanted to know why. 

0 Kudos