cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media and Microsoft Office Teams

HLC01
Joining in

Hello

i had Virgin Media installed 3 days ago and all seems to be working fine apart from when I use MS Teams, it’s continuously lagging and buffering. I work from home and have used Teams with other ISP with no problems. I called VM yesterday and they told my that my IT department would have to solve the problem as it’s due to the VPN and sent me an email about port forwarding as they thought this would solve the problem. My IT department were unable to help as they can’t fix external router problems. I went back to VM who told me they couldn’t help either and I would have to fix it myself.  I’m not particularly stupid (!) but I would need a much better IT background to understand the port forwarding instructions.

i feel that I have been left in the lurch and no one will help me. I work for the government on the Covoid-19 emergency response programme and do need access to Teams. I did explain this to VM but they didn’t care.

can anyone help me or at least advise me what I should do please as I need this issue resolved ASAP.

thanks 🙂

53 REPLIES 53

Thanks, is there any particular router you'd recommend?

Thanks, I need to use the wifi tho.

Hi Don

Did you receive my private message yesterday?

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee yes I replied just 10 mins ago, thanks. Did you not receive?

Got it now Don:-)

Ok great many thanks. It sounds like one way forward is to put the router into modem mode and buy another router but of course ideally I'd like to just get a resilient connection through the virgin router as things stand.

Hi Ipswich

I hope you're happy with our forum team's efforts so far.  Remember, we're here if you need us.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there HLC01, thanks for posting and I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband connection and speeds.

To look into this further I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Many thanks Lee, you've been a great help and gone the extra mile to help me to a resolution. I appreciate the pressures everyone is under during these unprecedented times and that tempers can be short, mine included, so kudos to you for persevering.

Keep it up.

Take care Ipswich and if you ever bump into Patrick Anthony, can you please ask him on my behalf....... "How much parsley can one person need?"  Lol sorry.

Regards

Lee_R