cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media WiFi Upgrade or SuperPod / WiFi Pod

MrRetro
On our wavelength

I have an early model white SuperHub 3 I have owned/rented for well over a decade(!). Can't believe there is still no widespread upgrade programme for customers yet?

Like many I find the WiFi signal often has problems such as dropouts and low speeds in any rooms beyond where the hub is located. Not to mention having no modern features like WiFi 6. Using Ethernet is fine but only viable in the room where the hub is unfortunately. I would ideally really like a newer model SuperHub and think I’m really overdue for an upgrade, but I have read these currently are in short supply and still only for people on the top 1GB package (I have 200mb)?

Alternatively, I have been reading Virgin now offer a mesh-like system via WiFi pods, sometimes known as SuperPods?

How would I go about either requesting a SuperHub upgrade, or else failing that a set of WiFi pods please? Ideally, I don't want to pay any more on my subscription, as I'm of the opinion reliable Internet should be included as standard and the Hub 3 just isn't doing this for me.

For people that already have the WiFi pods, how are you finding them, have they resolved range problems for you? and do they maintain a good speed too? 

How did you order them please? I tried live chat, but they now seem to require WhatsApp, which I don’t have, and I don't get any option for them when I log into My Virgin Media.

BTW, I do know other routers exist, but I’m not a fan of having two boxes on 24/7 with current electricity costs and would prefer an all VM system for ease of use and maintenance too.

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MrRetro,

Hello  
Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with current hub dropping out.

The pods are possible to order via our Connect App.

I did run a quick check on your hub and we can see the Power levels are out which will be causing the connection issues.

It would need a Technician to attend.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security to organise this 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

MrRetro
On our wavelength

Gareth, thanks for your message, I've replied to your PM now. 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address MrRetro, 

I have now booked you a visit for the service issue  – you can check the date and time via your online account here  If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Gareth_L

MrRetro
On our wavelength

Thank you, Gareth, but please could you confirm the details of the appointment via message, as I'm not seeing anything in My Virgin Media.

MrRetro
On our wavelength
Gareth,
Just wanted to add that today I logged into the SuperHub 3 interface and ran the "network diagnostic tool" to see if I could replicate the signal issue you mentioned, and it says everything is fine. I tried it this afternoon and tonight and both times same result it says it is all fine.

I'm not sure whether it simply isn't able to test in the same way you can remotely, but I am a bit concerned with all this mention of penalty fines, if it is determined there isn't actually a problem with the incoming signal.

SInce, in this case, you identified the problem remotely and were the one to recommend a service visit be undertaken, I would want your assurance I should not be charged if I am to proceed with this engineer visit.

Hey MrRetro, thank you for reaching back out.

I can see you have been in PM with my colleague this week, please can you send him another PM if you still need some help. 

He will be more than happy to assist. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?