cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Superhub 3 unresponsive following Power Outage

broadband_trex
On our wavelength

Hi,

We had a power outage the other night (30/01/2022) but after a few minutes everything came back online, except internet.

I've got my VM Superhub 3 in modem mode as I use my own equipment. I assumed it was my own router so rebooted it, nope still no internet. I tried to ping the router and the VM superhub, router was back but superhub did not respond.

In the end I had to factory reset the VM superhub but even that was bumpy, the superhub came back and (with one PC connected to it via ethernet) it prompted with that big red circle page stating that there was something wrong with my internet, I pressed it but even that crashed and showed an error message saying the problem was on the VM side. I can't recall what I did next, I either just refreshed or power cycled the VM Superhub 3 but it was more plain sailing. I was able to put the Superhub in modem mode and all was ok.

Upon further there is an unusual entry on the Super mentioning it was unable to login (is that on the WAN side?). 

I have had problems with intermittent BB last year (issues with the power levels ranges solved by an engineer fitting filters all tivo and the Superhub) and I would like to point out that we had and are still having errors appear on the Superhub "No Ranging Response received" and "DHCP RENEW WARNING"

Details follow:

Network Log

30/01/2022 02:37:47noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

30/01/2022 02:35:44Warning!LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;3

30/01/2022 02:34:24noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

14 REPLIES 14

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @bordband_trex. 

Having run some diagnostics on our end, everything thing seems to be within spec. 

How are things looking since your last post? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Short answer no all is not well, and at this point (having just noticed that VM are charging me double the price of the deal they offered), I'm seriously looking at leaving VM.

Again short answer I tested the superhub 3 by unplugging it and it's all gone horribly wrong. I've done everything but the superhub needed to be reset several times and then set up fresh, we lost an hour or two of time and internet just from unplugging the superhub for a few moments.

I believe we need a new superhub 3, is it possible to send us one rather then another engineer visit? Also I need to know why we are being billed double (pm me and I can go into details)

Log in to your mesh and disable the wireless or change the password turn off hub in modem mode for 2mins connect only your mesh (turned on) to the hub and nothing to the mesh power on the hub wait 5mins then unplug replug the Ethernet cable and connect a PC to the mesh and see if you get internet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks but I'd already restored the internet, just waiting for VM to respond 

Hi broadband_trex,

I am sorry to hear that you're being overcharged for your package - we're keen to get this resolved for you.

I'll pop you over  a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Beth