cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Router Login

Norby
Tuning in

I have two essential questions:

1 - Why is Virgin Media changing my password everytime I change it. My employer requires me to change the password of my modem in order to continue with my job. If Virgin is doing this again, I have to cancel the contract in order to prevent losing my job;

2 - Why is Virgin changing the setting with my Wi-Fi back to 5 GHz?! I have two important gadgets that work only with 2.4 GHz. Every single day Virgin moves it back to 5 GHz wihtout my consent!

Definitely I am going to complain against this unauthorized changings on my account and make Virgin Media liable for the damages I incurred by this ilegal changes on my account.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1) do you mean the WiFi password or the hub admin password? I have never know VM change either one.

2) Have you got the WiFi bands split to have 2 SSIDs or is the hub ‘as shipped’?

3) Have you got intelligent WiFi turned on?

4) What model hub do you have?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

1) do you mean the WiFi password or the hub admin password? I have never know VM change either one.

A: Yes, they do! The hub admin password is changed back to the original every time I changed it. Many people complained about it but Virgin is an autist enterprise!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Forgotten-router-password/td-p/4571135

2) Have you got the WiFi bands split to have 2 SSIDs or is the hub ‘as shipped’?

A: It is spilt by default.

3) Have you got intelligent WiFi turned on?

A: It is turned off

4) What model hub do you have?

A: Aris Hub 3.0

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A) That post is a user who changed the shipped password to one of their own, forgotten it and want to change back to the shipped password. They had tried resetting by a pin hole reset, but it did not work because they had done it incorrectly. When they did it correctly it was reset. IT DID NOT RESET BY ITSELF. The only time I can think of this happening is if there is a hub hardware fault.

B) All VM hubs are shipped with one combined SSID name for both WiFi bands.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

That post shows that the password can be changed and back. That was the point to be illustrated.

If you cannot help, what is the point of this discussion, gentleman?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a reboot or reset occurred then Admin > info > System up time value should not correspond with that you would expect to see, i..e reboot / reset occurred 3 day and 7 hours ago but the value indicates it occurred 4 hours ago. Are you seeing such a discrepancy and calculate when it occurred?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks