Menu
Mehdi1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Loyal Customers Program

Hi, 

I have been a Virgin Media customer for 11 years. A few months ago I tried to get a nice deal for my yearly upgrade as I have been doing since I signed my first contract, however the people on the phone were not helpful at all and told me basically that if I wanted a good deal I would have to cancel my contract and sign a new contract as a new customer to Virgin would do ! I pay almost £48/month for the M70 and a new customer would only pay £33/month. So what shall I do ? Cancel and take a new contract or try to speak to someone who will show some care for loyal customers retention or just shop around ? Knowing that I was happy with Virgin services so far. It's a shame really.

Thanks

0 Kudos
TobyTyler77
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Loyal Customers Program

You aren't cancelling your contract, you are simply signing a new one that benefits you with a good deal for 12 months and also ensures Virgin that you are happy to pay the terms for that period, if you got through to retentions they would not offer you anything different, it looks like a good deal for you so go ahead and sign up. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

there are no 'loyal customers'. people stay because it suits themselves. you yourself have said that unless you get the price you want you are off looking elsewhere. loyal means staying regardless. it means being worried staff will lose their jobs, it means paying whatever because there is a blind affinity to the company.

we only stayed with virgin after 10 years by the skin of their teeth. very close to moving to sky. should they offer less discount next year we will be gone. i consider myself loyal to no company.

as for your actual argument. new customers always get the best deals. it is encouraged by the regulator and successive governments. it allows choice to move rather than every company charging the same. the business model works because most people don't move, usually because they can't be bothered with the hassle.

0 Kudos
Mehdi1977
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering. I believe that I still have to cancel my actual contract to avoid being charged twice ! I'll call them up and check with Virgin...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mehdi1977,

You wont be charged twice for the same service. If you agree a new deal this will replace the older deal you had with Virgin Media and will come into immediate effect, without any break in service

David_Bn

0 Kudos
DonnyDriver
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been with Virgin Media for years. However, the last 6 or 7 months of service has been a nightmare.  Raised formal complaint and actually got shouted at by the formal complaints team (in India) saying my connection problems were my fault! (They weren't). I couldn't believe they were so rude!

So, I was starting to get itchy feet and was looking to take my custom elsewhere. When I received THE email this week about another £2.50 was going on my bill I decided enough was enough. 

I rang to cancel today (really painful). Was first put through to India who just went silent on me but I was then placed in another queue. I eventually spoke to a Scottish lady. I explained my issues and reason for cancellation but she made no attempt to retain my custom. I have since received my disconnection email and my date of 11th August.

Do they not even attempt to keep you anymore? I've plenty of options on a new provider but I thought VM might at least have tried to retain me. Odd.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They nearly always call you back at some point in your 30-day notice period with a last offer to stay and their best deal.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mlv_J
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In fact the way successive governments have set up the broadband roll out areas are not covered by a choice at all. In some parts of the country 40Mb broadband is available from only 1 supplier. They use this fact to charge what they like. So "best deals" go out the window when there is no competition. As for loyalty, I would be prepared to pay a little more for good service. Having to spend hours on end every contract period costs me time and money, to haggle to get an average service at an average price. If companies like virgin media put as much effort into delivering the service that they claim to offer, then perhaps there would be less frustration all round.
0 Kudos
Mlv_J
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am now at the same point. I got cut off by India and told by a Scottish guy that I should renegotiate on black Friday !

0 Kudos