cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub has stopped providing Wifi

Nicko-esx
Joining in

Hi my Virgin media hub has stopped emitting any Wi-Fi signal. I have checked the cabling. I have tried and ethernet cable and a signal is being provided by Ethernet but no Wi-Fi. I cannot see the network being broadcast. I suspect the hub has broken. How do I get in contact with somebody at Virgin who can do something about this for me? I have tried to find an appropriate number to call or messaging service and this appears my only option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a reset first

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

See if that sorts it out.

If not - call it in as a fault --- 08.00 is the best time for that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a reset first

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

See if that sorts it out.

If not - call it in as a fault --- 08.00 is the best time for that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John

I can confirm that I have done exactly as you describe but still nothing

I will try and ring the problem in today if I can find away to contact VM.

Last Night I had little success,

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Nicko-esx, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the Wi-Fi connection the router.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll have a look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn