cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub 3 blocking access to internet to amazon echo show 5

Ra100
Tuning in

I have problem over a few day with my Amazon echo show 5. about 10 days ago its lost connection to internet, but I have another 3 devices Echo dot which are on the same WiFi network and those works perfectly. I tried to reset router, reset and factory set up of Amazon echo show 5, but nothing helps. It shows that unit is connected to router, (as I checked in router connected devices also) but without internet. But if I set up my phone as hot spot, and then I connect this echo show to my phone all works perfectly. Also I tried to take the echo show to my friend and connect to other wifi all works good. There seem to be issue with the router.

the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network is separated, also the channel optimization is disabled, device is connected to 2.4Ghz, no any restriction in router to optimize the traffic. 

looking for answer for about week.

Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ra100
Tuning in

HI I just found that my Virgin Media connect app, gets me un logged of my account, when I logged back in and open Broadband menu I found that my Echo Show 5 is paused in app, when I un paused all start working again, I don't understand how is possible that a mobile app has got option to put devices on hold(pause) and the main router page does not showing this option, (or did I missed this?).

But all my amazon devices are working fine now.

Good luck everyone.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

Factory reset the Hub (router) ensuring that you do it correctly (press pinhole button for a minute and let it boot up for 10 mins).

You will then need to reconfigure (split the bands again) as settings will be lost.

Otherwise it sounds like you've tried much of what I would suggest.

Ultimately look at getting your own wireless router - use the VM hub in modem mode - I did so to overcome quirks like this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Ra100
Tuning in

HI I just found that my Virgin Media connect app, gets me un logged of my account, when I logged back in and open Broadband menu I found that my Echo Show 5 is paused in app, when I un paused all start working again, I don't understand how is possible that a mobile app has got option to put devices on hold(pause) and the main router page does not showing this option, (or did I missed this?).

But all my amazon devices are working fine now.

Good luck everyone.

Hi g0akc,

Thank you for your reply, the factory reset of the router was my last option which I would prevent as you mention to get set up all devices and settings again. What makes me think that there is some glitch if all other devices are working correctly, but only this one not, then I found that a mobile application "Virgin  Media Connect" could give you access without a password (just need to log in with virgin media account logins) to your Virgin Broadband and also has an option to Pause individual devices showed on Wifi network, wondering why this is not showing on the main router page on "Connected devices" page. 

But all is running smoothly.

Good luck