cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hub 3, Green light

MattJHar
Tuning in

Hello, 

I have been having a lot of intermittent Internet issues recently. I have the Virgin Media Hub 3 with a TP Link Ad7200 router paired along side it. The router has been set up correctly. I was recommended to reset the hub to see if it may solve the daily Internet outages I've been having. However, since resetting it, just by turning the power switch on the back of the Hub on and off I've not had Internet since. The power light will swap between a solid green and white every few minutes. Any suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
I'd factory reset the hub:

Can you try a pin-hole reset?

Make sure you can read all the default passwords on the base of the Hub before you do this

Unplug all ethernet cables

With the power on and the co-ax connected; press and hold the reset switch with a paperclip or sim removal tool for at least 60 seconds.

Allow 10 minutes to reboot, reset and stabilise

If the green light is still flashing then VM staff need to take a look and diagnose!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hello there and thank you for your reply, I've done a factory reset. And I've now re enabled the Hub 3 back into modem mode. However, on the network configuration page it says under general configuration that network access is not allowed. Is there anyway to fix this? 

I've not heard of that one! - What happens if you put the hub in router mode - does it connect then?

Unfortunately not, I've put it back into router mode to no luck! 

You should call it in as a fault on 150 (or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone) - This is the best time to call! 0800 hrs!
It'll ask you to reboot the hub (as you already have done - don't)
You will then be cut off
Wait a couple of minutes
Call 150 again - report a broadband fault - The system will recognise that you called before and transfer you to a person!

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MattJHar

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing some service issues, I appreciate how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so we can look into things for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide