cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hotspots

Mervw1
Joining in

Dear All,

I cannot connect to Virgin Media Hotspots.

I have downloaded Virgin Media Connect app more than once,deleted it and reinstalled it more than once,and still no joy.

I have just got a new Samsung A32 5G phone,had the issue ever since i got it.

Have not had much help from Virgin support either,and look to you guys for some assistance.

I have also done a complete Factory reset on my new phone and installed in new SIM card that Virgin sent to me.

The issue i have is that when i try to connect,by changingThe EAP method from PEAP to AKA as recommended by Virgin,that i get a message back saying"Couldn't connect.Invalid credentials".

Then underneath Virgin Media is"Couldn't authenticate connection"

I am mystified by this and look to you for some help and a possible solution to my problem.

Many Thanks in anticipatiom.

Merv

40 REPLIES 40

Hi Paulina_Z,

Also from the Virgin Media settings page,Screenshot_20210603-193712_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Can you also confirm the version of OS you're using on the handset please?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Hope this is what you needScreenshot_20210603-202631_Software update.jpgScreenshot_20210605-103616_Settings.jpg

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mervw1,

Thank you for providing that information. I've raised this with our IT team now, and I'll be in touch as soon as I have an update for you. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

pabx
On our wavelength

Have had same problem since new Android 11 phone bought through Virgin in March.  With the same screens.

The "IT Team" do not seem interested as I had the same response weeks ago with no progress.

Hi PABX,

Yes,same with me.

Still totally unhappy with the response from Virgin,which seems to be absolutely uncaring of them,that their customers are in a position where they cannot access Hot Spots.

Hi pabx thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're currently unable to access hotspots.  Do you know if my colleagues have raised any sort of I.T ticket relating to the issue?

Regards

Lee_R

pabx
On our wavelength

Thanks for asking Lee

One I was tracking for a reply is in this thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/get-set-for-WiFi-hotspots/m-p/4672035/highl...  where Emily_G said she would follow up, but I have seen several similar.  Please don't suggest the AKA workaround because it doesn't work.  There seem to be quite a few of us with new androids (last 5-6 months) who can't use the hotspots and are wasting loads of time trying.  

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And another one. Looks like Android 11 is not being liked !

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Virgin-media-hotspots-dont-work-no-more/td-...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @pabx

Can you please go to go to Settings > Connections > WiFi and find the Saved WiFi network list. Depending on your Android device this may be shown under an Advanced setting. Please remove the following saved profiles:

• Virgin Media
  • _The Cloud X
  • arq_wifi_x
  • Horizon Wi-Free
  • TelenetWiFree
  • UPC Wi-Free
  • XFINITY
  • Ziggo

Then

• Go to the Connect app menu
  • Select Settings
  • Select Virgin Media WiFi hotspots account status

This will re-configure your device for our hotspots.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs