cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Hotspots

Mervw1
Joining in

Dear All,

I cannot connect to Virgin Media Hotspots.

I have downloaded Virgin Media Connect app more than once,deleted it and reinstalled it more than once,and still no joy.

I have just got a new Samsung A32 5G phone,had the issue ever since i got it.

Have not had much help from Virgin support either,and look to you guys for some assistance.

I have also done a complete Factory reset on my new phone and installed in new SIM card that Virgin sent to me.

The issue i have is that when i try to connect,by changingThe EAP method from PEAP to AKA as recommended by Virgin,that i get a message back saying"Couldn't connect.Invalid credentials".

Then underneath Virgin Media is"Couldn't authenticate connection"

I am mystified by this and look to you for some help and a possible solution to my problem.

Many Thanks in anticipatiom.

Merv

40 REPLIES 40

Travis_M

As i keep saying to all of the people that have tried to assist me so far:-

1. Go to the Connect app menu
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Virgin Media WiFi hotspots account status

Option 3 does not exist in the Virgin Media Connect app for Android.

The is a section in About in the settings section which has Virgin Media WiFi profile with Yes on the far right.

When will you do some proper investigation into the problem affecting not only me,but several others who also have Android 11 devices,and not just follow the sheets that are laid out in front of you.

I have posted this before.

Still not happy.

pabx
On our wavelength

Thanks Travis - fingers crossed - it's not given the error messages.  Will give proper test tomorrow and reply again

I did delete all networks when I first had the problem but maybe there's been an update.  Am now on v12.13.18.2

pabx
On our wavelength

nope = same old "couldn't authenticate connection" message

I don't believe Virginmedia are competent enough on software to fix their app 

pabx
On our wavelength
negative kudos

Thanks for coming back to us @pabx.

I will need to raise this with our IT team to be investigated further and we can hopefully get to the bottom of the issues.

In a moment, I will send over a private message, so that we can clear account security and get this looked into further for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pabx and @Mervw1

We can look into this further for you but we would need to confirm the below information. 

Please can you send me a private message with the below information and we can get this looked into further for you by our support team

Device - make and model 

Connect app version

Ios/Android version

Are you able to connect to your network at home?

Any error messages that you may be getting ? 

Does this happen with numerous hotspots or same or particular one? Please be specific as possible with the location of the ​hotspot a street location or if it is on the London underground , if so which station.

Have you opted in to WiFi and sharing?

Are you a Media and Mobile customer of ours 

What have you tried so far to resolve the issues such as rebooting device, disconnect all networks and rejoined, also uninstalling and re-installing the app

Regards,

Steven_L

Also if anybody else is having this issue, please send the above information over to me by a private message and we can get this looked into further for you.

Please also add your full name and account number to the private message.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

If anybody else is having this issue, please send the above information over to me by a private message and we can get this looked into further for you.

Please can you send me a private message with the below information and we can get this looked into further for you by our support team

Full name and account number

Are you a media and mobile customer of ours?

Device - make and model 

Connect app version

Ios/Android version

confirm WiFi connectivity

Any error messages that you may be getting ? 

Does this happen with numerous hotspots or same or particular one? Please be specific as possible with the location of the ​hotspot a street location or if it is on the London underground , if so which station.

What they have you tried so far to resolve the issues such as rebooting device, disconnect all networks and rejoined, also uninstalling and re-installing the app

Please provide a screenshot of the "App Settings > App Information > About" screen, our support team have asked for a screenshot of this to enable them to do full checks on the problems that you're having.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L,

My Screenshot as requested

Regards

Merv.Screenshot_20210621-192711_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Thanks for this @pabx and @Mervw1.

I will be raising this with the team very soon and I will come back to you once I have any further updates. 

Regards,

Steven_L