cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media External Box Cover Needs Replacing

byronwells
Tuning in

Alright Peeps

I have just come back after being away for a week and have noticed that the Virgin Media External Box Cover (Brown) is damaged and needs replacing.....  I have just called Virgin media and spoke to someone claiming that I will need to rewire it and they want to charge me £25..  They did not get that it just needs a cover....

Can someone help

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo so that a VM person can asses the damage.

Ignore anything an overseas VM CS rep says to you. There should be no charge for any work needed to their own equipment that isnt caused by yourself.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Can confirm that I recently had to call Virgin to replace my broken cover which had just disintegrated over time. I was also told that I would need to pay £25 which was going to be added to my next bill. Didn't feel I had any choice but to accept.

Admittedly, I did get the engineer to tidy up a bit of phone cable whilst he was there but otherwise, there should be no need to touch your existing cables if it's just a new cover you need.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi byronwells,

Thanks for posting on our community forums, and apologies for the late reply. We do apologise that you have been advised you will be charged for a repair of the omnibox on your outside wall.

We can certainly understand your frustration at being advised of this, I have taken a look at you account and can see that an engineer has attended already to resolve this issue.

Can we ask if everything is OK now the engineer has carried out the work?

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Kind regards Jodi.