cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect not recognising Hub 3

OptsDan
Joining in

Hi All,

We had our Virgin 200MB/s package installed this morning, having previously been with BT. The speed in the living room is phenomenal, however upstairs I am dropping down to <20mb/s in some places and <5mb/s in others.

I downloaded the Virgin Media Connect app in order to conduct a scan, however once I open the Broadband tab at the bottom, and select "I have already installed my hub" I get the following error message:

OptsDan_0-1658936438080.png

I have tried resetting the router (Hub 3), resetting my phone and reinstalling the app - each to no avail.

We have an engineer coming out tomorrow to look at the drop in signal strength, but does anyone have any ideas about what to do with the app? 

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

OptsDan
Joining in

called customer support to no avail, they just told me that I’m still in the 14 day cooling off period!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi OptsDan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear of your issues with the service and the app, we will do all we can to help. 

I see the technician has visited since you last posted, how did that go please? 

With the issues on the app, are you able to download it on to a different device to check to see if you are having the same issue?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat, technician arrived and replaced the hub. Still the same issue. Even on multiple devices! Feel like I’m just going to have to live with it now.

Hey OptsDan, thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry to hear the issues is still happening.

I am going to send you a PM, so we can look into this in further details.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OptsDan

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team. 

They have advised that a small fix was put in place for some users overnight last night. Can you please delete the app from your device, reinstall it and make sure you are opening it whilst connected to the Home WiFi Hub. Try connecting to the Hub and let me know how you get on. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs