cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app will not connect

RichardDBlake
Tuning in

I am having problems getting the Virgin Media Connect app to connect to my Hub 3. I have tried several times over the past few months without success. I have tried the usual - reboot the hub, uninstall and reinstall the app.

The only error message I get is:

Oops. Our bad

Which is not very helpful.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the app working. I am on an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.3

44 REPLIES 44

It's an issue with the App, its truly awful and never stable

Same for me, how VM manage to update the app and break it so often is truly remarkable

They obviously don’t test it properly before the issue it out.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a possible workaround, in that it worked for me, hopefully  even if it only works for one other person it's worth a shot.

Today the Connect app (version 12.28.20 LF v13.171) on my Moto G9 Power running android 11, and  Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-X205) running android 12 cannot  find the hub.  I've tried installing the hub 5 (LG-RDK_3.18.30-2112.12) on the app on both devices as per the error message again without success

I tried rebooting both mobile devices, also switched aeroplane mode off and back on but was unsuccessful in the app finding my hub. and/or wifi pod

I also rebooted the hub and neither the hub or wifi pod were  found on the app.... but .......

From the Connect app Homescreen I then turned on the Guest network (using my)  Moto G9 Power and the app found my hub and wifi pod.

I then rebooted the Galaxy Tab 8 and that also found my hub and wifi pod.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I’m on the hub 5 and it’s still connected to my hub 3. It won’t let me do anything. How do I sort this out. It’s so frustrating that I can’t check the Wi-Fi coverage around the house and also connecting to hub 3 and hub 5 mass all the Wi-Fi name and password up, reset several times but still the same

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @snowboy3k 

Have you gone into the mobile settings  and cleared the cache on the Connect app?

This should clear out any residual links/addresses to your old hub

It's a bit like uninstalling programs in Windows, there are often results held in the cache which aren't deleted when the program is uninstalled which you can see if you change the windows settings to show hidden files. The undeleted cache items in windows are stored in users> app data > and need removing manually. The same principle applies on android and ios which is why it's best to also clear the cache.

After doing that uninstall and reinstall the app then reboot your hub and run the app again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Done all that but still the same, anything else I can do?

Why am I receiving messages about this. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gillhoose 

That will be because you are subscribed to this thread having posted yourself on messages 4, 6 and 9

If you want to stop receiving notifications from this thread then clcik on Post options in the top left corner of the thread and click on Unsubscribe.

You can also do the following to unsubscribe from all notifications -

info from https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/subscriptions 

How do I use subscriptions?

Subscriptions let you get email updates whenever new content appears in an area of the community that you're interested in. You can subscribe to a board, a blog article, an idea exchange, or any other location in the community. You can also subscribe to a specific post.

To subscribe a piece of content:

1. Go to the item you want to subscribe to.
  2. To subscribe to a location, click (Location) Options > Subscribe.
    To subscribe to a specific post, go to the post and click (Post) Options > Subscribe

To view and manage your subscriptions:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to.
    You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Can’t see post options on top left of thread