cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect app will not connect

Pearl60
On our wavelength

The Virgin Media app says no connection when I am on WiFi on smart phone and iPad . Have reset the Hub 3 uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Clearly a problem as used to be able to use Virgin WiFi on London Underground and that stopped working and now cannot check the house as speed is rubbish. 

13 REPLIES 13

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Pearl60

Sorry to hear of the problems using and connecting the Connect App to your home Hub and network, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this with us.

When trying to connect to the Hub using the app do you get any error messages at all? Have you made any changes to the password for the Hub and wireless network?

Have you been able to follow the advice and steps here?

Rob

Pearl60
On our wavelength

Screen says 

You’re not connected

Please check your connection

Try again

i am on WiFi on iPad TV and mobile phone!!!!!

the app is a complete waste of time

Thanks for getting back to me Pearl60, there's a few things we'd like you to check and confirm please:

• The device is connected to the wireless network
  • Temporarily turn off any Boosters/Pod's you may have connected
  • Temporarily disable any VPN's or Anti Virus software and try connecting.

Rob

Pearl60
On our wavelength

As I have already told you my mobile phone iPad and tv are all working fine on Wi-Fi and  the action you requested i  cannot do as completely irrelevant to me!!!! I am connected to Wi-Fi on my devices so why is the app saying not connected!!!!

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pearl60,

Thanks for confirming. Have you managed to get on to the Connect App since the weekend?

If not, please can you confirm for me the device you are attempting to sign in to the app from? Including make/model.

Thanks, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Pearl60
On our wavelength

HI Millie

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 and 2019  iPad Air.

I have given up with this to be honest. Also when in London cannot pick up Virgin Wi-Fi on the underground either.

Increasingly dissatisfied customer not to be mention complaint sent as renewed contract not correct package.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Pearl60

Thanks for confirming. I have requested further information on this and there are no known faults at the moment with the app. However, the Connect App does require an up-to-date software to be able to run on devices too - this will need to be at least 6.0 on your Samsung.

We can try our best to make sure you're getting the right service. Please let me know if you would like to run any checks on the account in the meantime if you are not getting the correct speeds for your package. 

I'm sorry to hear you're also having issues using Wi-Fi on the underground. Have you been able to use this before? Can you confirm if you are a mobile customer of ours? Also, are you having any issues with the credentials used to access your My VM Account

Here's some further assistance on our Connect App and Virgin Media Hotpots.

Keep us posted - we're here to help,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Pearl60
On our wavelength

I have followed the steps and have already told you twice the error message I get. I had a nightmare yesterday trying to get printer to work as clearly connected to Wi-Fi and saying no printer found and then iPad was not connecting and automated pathetic  service tested the line and Ipatronisingly suggested  rebooting  the hub and eventually it worked. Blaming Covid for a broadband  support service that was poor before the pandemic is disgraceful.

Apologies for the experience Pearl60 but we're pleased to hear the issue was resolved following the call.

We'll also be sure to pass your feedback on to the relevant team in regards to the experience, we're really busy at the moment but working hard to get to all customers as quickly as possible. If during any call you feel unhappy with the advice or resolution offered you always have the option to escalate during the call.

Rob