Menu
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Connect (Please rename it to Will not Connect to *'***)

Okay, color me dumb....

Used the Old Virgin Media WiFi app in the past.  It seems to have used a certificate and then that would generate a login certificate for each profile.  Worked a charm, ner an issue.  

I decided to update firmware on phone and then seen that the WiFi app is no longer, but now you have a "Connect" app...  I am now about two weeks into this app and so far it's not worked for me yet.  

Previously it was sometimes logging in (but nagging me to upgrade to a Hub3).  Sometimes it was working as long as wifi was disabled (defeats the reason of having the crappy app).  Sometimes when it would connect with WiFi it would tell me that I should find a more reliable connection (than that strong one that says "Virgin Media" that it connects to).

Now, said SH3 is at my house (after I read it wasn't fixed I wasn't going to activate it, but it seems that Auto-Deactivation of old gear is now standard????)… Sooo here I was assuming the app might start working.  Put it back on phone and now cant get it to get past the screen that says it cant connect and is unable to sign in (This is as soon as you open the app)… 

My old devices (that still have the WiFi profiles) work fine.  I am guessing that at some point those will cease to function.  In fact, the VM pages suggest you delete those profiles!

Searched repositories out there looking for the old WiFi app and sadly it seems none of them stored the install (Android).

In the end I gave up, thinking that the certificates/credentials were something that was needed.  Seems it's all in vain.

So tonight I said I'd try without the utterly useless app.  Went down the road, clicked to join "Virgin Media" Entered my username as vmedwifi/myemailaddress (like vmedwifi/r.branson@vergin.com ) Used the email password in the password box.  Make sure EAP is TTLS, and Phase-2 is MSCHAPV2.  Do not Validate.  Click connect, and your off to the races.

Seems odd that they make a bloatware app that cant make a simple wifi profile.  Not sure who is designing their apps, but personally that person or group should have their contracts terminated.

Now to move on to this "Super Hub 3" thing I have.....

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Connect (Please rename it to Will not Connect to *'***)

HI VMCopperUser, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear of the experience you've had with the app. If you could use the in app messaging service on the app itself, their is a designated team that would look into this for you. 

Cheers 🙂 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos