cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect - Hotspot Install (No Server Reaponse)

JitteryPinger
Super solver

So tonight I've been trying to install the WiFi profile so I can get access to Virgin hotspots when at friend's house without asking for WPA.

Had no joys but assumed could be poor signal from both EE and O2 but now back home I'm still getting same problems.

Screenshot_20220901-233855_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Some help would be appreciated after all its the damned shocking performance from O2 since they merged the Virgin Mobile customers across from Vodafone that is forcing me to find alternative methods of connection as my EE sim is for business and wasn't purchased for heavy data usage.

The Giggitty 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi JitteryPinger, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We have recently released a new update for the Connect App on 1st September which has resolved the issue with Android 12 devices using the Hotspot feature. 

If you've not been prompted to do the update yet, it should happen over the next few days. 

It's also worth noting that the only Hotspots you can connect to are those named Virgin Media. 

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jitterypinger

Sorry to hear of the problems setting up the profile to use the Connect App hot spot functionality, we understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We are aware of an issues on devices running Android 12 and the hot spot functionality. The development team are working on resolving this in a future update. If you are using an earlier version of Android then we have some help here that may help with the issue.

Rob

Really.... how long has android 12 been out for!

I'm about to get android 13 in coming days.

So to add to a mobile network that isn't working now (O2) I can also not use WiFi hotspots which is part of my service agreement?

The Giggitty 1

Hey JitteryPinger, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

We are aware this is very frustrating and not ideal, however we are working on a software update to get this resolved for you and many other customers. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Not quite sure why an app is needed when the hotspots just need a configuration file to verify user details.

However I would hope that if the app is continued delivery method for this then the team better be looking at Android 13 as that's now hitting devices

The Giggitty 1

Hi JitteryPinger, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We have recently released a new update for the Connect App on 1st September which has resolved the issue with Android 12 devices using the Hotspot feature. 

If you've not been prompted to do the update yet, it should happen over the next few days. 

It's also worth noting that the only Hotspots you can connect to are those named Virgin Media. 

Keep us posted on if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks @Kath_F. I've noticed the update and it has fixed things.

I've got another issue with my Hub 4 not working now and would appreciate some support.

I've started another thread on this.

The Giggitty 1

Thanks for coming back to us @JitteryPinger and I'm glad that your issues with the Connect App.

As you have started a new thread about your hub 4 issues, we will get back to you as soon as we can on that thread.

Regards,

Steven_L