cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Connect App not recognizing Hub 5

ishouldbetired
Tuning in

I switched to the Hub 5 router recently and since I got it it's worked fine with the Virgin Media Connect App on my Samsung but for the last two days the app says it can't see/find the Hub/Router even though my phone is on it on it as is my laptop with no issues - what do I need to do? I've reinstalled the app on my phone but keep getting the same message. TIA

11 REPLIES 11

Red_Wimp
On our wavelength

I just came on to say something similar, although I only have a Hub3. Although my phone is saying it's connected to Wi-Fi the Connect App says it can't find my hub.

Fixing instructions just involve turning on and off again (which I have done)

Although Wi-Fi seems very flaky at the moment and seems to be dropping in and out including connections between boxes and Netflix app so is there a general problem with Wi-Fi?

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi both, 

Thanks for your post and we’re sorry to hear you’re having an issue with your hub connecting in the app. 

We currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. 

We are investigating this as a high priority. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wesw82
On our wavelength

I’m having the same issue since replacing my Hub 3 with a Hub 5 yesterday. All clients are connected but the Connect App suddenly won’t find the Hub 5 and keeps asking me to reinstall it through the app. 

Any update on this please? 

SharL
Joining in

I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating 😕 Please advise what is being done to fix. Thank you!

wesw82
On our wavelength

Just to let you know - I tried a pinhole reset: push a pen/paper clip into the reset hole on the bottom of the Hub5 for 30 seconds. This completely resets the hub and puts it back to factory settings. The hub was then recognised by the Connect App. 

My only remaining issue now is that the WiFi Pod won’t connect to the network/clients won’t connect to it. 

Hope that helps! 

wesw82
On our wavelength

Update: it’s stopped working again! 

Hi wesw82,

Thanks for reaching back out, when you do a pin reset it can take a little while to settle and for some things to work such as the Pods, how are things today.

Regards

Paul.

wesw82
On our wavelength

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried switching the wireless security protocol on the Hub5 from WPA3 back down to WPA2 and now the Pod and app are both working again. 

It may be worth advertising this potential fix more widely as I think a lot of your customers are probably having similar issues with their Pods or their app! 

Thanks again for keeping in touch guys! 

Hi @wesw82

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

We are happy to hear this has resolved the issue for you 🙂

We really appreciate the feedback around this and thank you for taking the time to post back to us. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide