cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media 3 solid red light & intermittent wifi

Anything1286
Joining in

My media 3 has had a solid red light for weeks now. Devices drop off the network at random and the network speed is random (should be 500 but dips to 20mbps frequency). Can anyone direct me as to try and sort this? 
tried to talk to VM themselves but can’t get through by phone, WhatsApp or even web chat. They are frankly useless. 

many help from the community gratefully received!!

9 REPLIES 9

Anything1286
Joining in

My frustrations with VM coming out there. I’d be grateful for any help those one her can offer. Thanks I’m advance. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM will respond re the red light soon.

Meantime... are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light changing to flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Anything1286,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to the community.

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the issues faced, now with regards to the Hub can you advise whereabouts it is placed and is it in a well ventilated area?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes we’ll ventilated. 

It’s in the living room. 

thanks for the reply. 
it’s a solid red light. This doesn’t change when experiencing issues. 
move one device wired up and the issues aren’t noticeable on that however, the issues are clear on Wi-Fi as they drop off regularly. 

Hi, please can you come back to me. The hub is in a well ventilated place in the living room. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us,

Apologies as we'll most likely need to replace that for you.

So we can get an appointment sorted I've dropped you a PM.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Thanks. Provided all the information Friday. When will the appointment be made?