cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media 1gb latency issues

Su94
Joining in

Hi all, for the past few months I was suffering with dropped internet connections (internet completely going for a couple mins) before coming reconnecting along with range issues. We were subsequently offered an upgrade to the 1gb package which came with free intelligent boosters. It seems to have solved our range issues but i am now dealing with high latency, particularly when playing video games. Before the months of issue, my latency was perfectly fine however I am now getting high ping with dropped packets. I set up a broadband quality monitor for the last few days: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/dc200979ec82c27ab401066f9bcf1326bfc9e4de

I am not super technical but I can see massive ping spikes and around the 8pm to 12am mark start seeing lost packets over the last 3 days particularly. I’m not sure if it’s a superhub 4 issue, wiring issue or outside issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, perhaps someone can interpret the data better than me. 

For additional info, the router is in my room and I am connected via ethernet. Another issue I’m facing which I never faced before is that my PS5 would say Lan disconnected before reconnecting in the space of 5 seconds, kicking me out the game and bringing me back. This would happen during times where I’d experience extremely high ping and packet loss (11pm - 1am).

Thanks all

4 REPLIES 4

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Su94 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your ongoing intermittent connection issues.  I would like to take a closer look at this for you.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Su94

Thanks for confirming your details.  I have checked and there is an issue in your area which is impacting your services and explains the issues you've reported.  I am sorry the current estimated fix date is 16th November 2021 2021 at 9:00am.  

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for the reply. Has this been fixed? For the most 4 months we’ve been told there are issues and been given different dates as to when it will be fixed. It is still yet to be fixed

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Su94

I've just checked this for you and the estimated fix time has changed to the 22nd of November at 9:00am. 

I'm very sorry about that, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I can assure you we'll be working hard to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide