Menu
Requestdenied
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Internet - Request denied Web Page

Hi all, 

It would appear there has been a slightly over zealous update to virgin media's websafe at some point in the recent past. I have just tried turning websafe offf in my account and all websites are now loading fine. So you can turn it off if you want however at least 3 of the websites I listed yesterday are now accessible with it on so I guess virgin admin are slowing going through whitelisting sites so the problem might well be resolved slowly over the coming days and weeks if we just wait a bit.

Regards 

Highlighted
CJA256
Joining in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

I've been having the same 'Request Denied' issue (only) when using Virgin WiFi.  Yesterday I found an article on here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Forbidden-sites/m-p/3976368#M227925) that covers the 'Request Denied' issue and suggests turning off the Data Saver in Chrome.  This fix worked for me and 2 friends who were having the same issue.

Still seems like it's a Virgin issue as only happens on their WiFi, but pleased to have found a solution.

Funkidan
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

This seems to have worked for me.

I did search for a solution across the forums but I obviously was not as dedicated as you.

Thank you so much.

Many thanks

Dan.

@CJA256 wrote:

Hi

I've been having the same 'Request Denied' issue (only) when using Virgin WiFi.  Yesterday I found an article on here (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Forbidden-sites/m-p/3976368#M227925) that covers the 'Request Denied' issue and suggests turning off the Data Saver in Chrome.  This fix worked for me and 2 friends who were having the same issue.

Still seems like it's a Virgin issue as only happens on their WiFi, but pleased to have found a solution.

0 Kudos
Requestdenied
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

After weeks of problems, all fixed today. Virgin websafe and chrome data saver on and all websites are loading fine. Someone somewhere has fixed something thankfully  

0 Kudos