cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub3

GTE12
Joining in

I have had problems with my Hub3 for some time now. On the point of using it in modem mode and buying my own router when I came across this site. Main problem is that the hub seems to have mind of its own, OK if you are near it or connected with ethernet cable but move 20/30 yards away from it and some days can get signal other days nothing! Its only a modest semi, most internal walls are plasterboard type but the signal is all over the place. The hub is in upstairs box room where its always been, technician on his latest visit said problem was with the white cable linking hub to incoming box which was jointed, said this was 'leeching' the signal' he replaced this and said everything OK, despite me quoting a catalogue of problems he left it at that. As I suspected the problem remains. Had this system since Yorkshire Cable days back in the mid' 90's, never been as poor as this!

Asked if hub could be replaced but only if faulty or I buy into extended package, only just extended contact for further 18 months recently, wish I hadn't now as BT are installing  fibre optic cables all around me.

Sorry to go on but this is a problem for me, notice that you asked a previous subscriber to post upstream/downstream info for analysis, wonder whether this could be an option for me to determine once and for all if there's a problem with the hub

13 REPLIES 13

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GTE12

The link that you have posted takes us to the homepage of the correct site, but not to your personal BQM graph. 

You should just be able to click 'Share Live Graph' and paste in the direct link.

Thank you. 

Ash_C

No matter what I do I can't send a live link of the graph, other than that shown below I've looked at  other pages on the forum and it looks as though others have had similar difficulties. Anything else I can do?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

Hi Alex_RM

is this any better?

UK Broadband Speed Test | thinkbroadband

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GTE12, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am afraid the links are still not working sorry. 

Could you screenshot a picture of your graph and attach it to the thread? 

Thanks 

Nat