cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub 5?

TomJW5830
Tuning in

Are there any updates on the rollout of the Hub 5? I am a gigabit broadband customer, and while I am very happy with it, it'd be great to have that 2.5Gb ethernet port so I can get the full 1160Mbps I am paying for. I'm currently limited to 940Mb simply because the Hub 4 can't keep up.

The only news I've seen surrounding the Hub 5 was that they were doing limited rollouts last year, and it's been silence ever since. 

Is it possible to apply to be selected for this limited rollout?

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM stopped using the prefix 'super' when they launched the Hub3 several years ago.

I believe that there is a Hub5 that is in some sort of soft launch phase. I don't think that it is something that you can opt into unless offered by VM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corrected 😄

I had an engineer visit earlier in week for poor upload speeds on my gig1,  guy said they get about 60 hub 5's a week and sorted me one.

The hub 5 has not really fixed my upload speeds but they are more stable now it seem,s on hub 4 it was constantly dropping to QAM16 and only getting 20mbit now it seems to stick to 32QAM mostly.  I've been trying to get one via customer support and previous engineer visit since I had this installed in March but with no luck.   Maybe they are in supply now and worth asking again if you can get through to the right person 

Its been fine so far, although is some bugs in the GUI, for example, it says my wifi devices are connected at 0.0001mbit 🙂  But speed test shows 600mbit and no issues.   I mainly use ethernet though on my PC and getting the full 1155mbit is pretty nice.  140mb/s download speeds to my PC. 

I've seen the issues others have been having with older devices and the wifi on it but I';ve seen no issue so far on my firestick or on my older samsung galaxy tab 2.

lalla.png

Hey there @TomJW5830, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm happy to see the speeds you're getting with the Hub 4 and understand why you'd want a Hub 5, which will be rolled out soon.
Unfortunately we don't have a time frame as of yet as the Hub 5 is still currently in its trial phase which is invite only, and I do apologise because we don't have the option to choose who is enrolled.

However, once the Hub 5 is ready for launch and to be rolled out we will keep you informed so that you are kept up to date.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs