cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub 3 Red Light

rolandjyoung
Tuning in

I have a white Hub 3.0, it is showing a red light continuously -  I don’t need to be a genius to know what this is - the forums are filled with comments about this issue, and I have tried every one  of the suggestions, and like everyone else the same result - it stays RED

spoke to the off-shore call centre quote they said we’ll I am apparently experiencing "system issues", (REALY for  3 weeks I have had system issues. that’s how long the light has been on)  , and  told me I should turn off all my internet device for 24 hours. Oh REALLY.

I always find calling Virgin media - just seriously useless - so still a red light - . I just gave up it just pointless.

I was hoping the  answers would  be - oh so sorry , your hub maybe overheating or develop
a fault, you have tried everything we recommended- we are so sorry for the inconvenience - we will  send a replacement hub 3 tomorrow, can you setup yourself? Ok no engineer required . Easy ,

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey rolandyoung, thanks for posting on our forum page with your issue.

Sorry to hear you have a hub 3 with a constant red light on, we're eager to assist with these issues.
We appreciate that you've tried all fixes but the red light persists, could you please kindly confirm if the hub is on modem mode as well?
Also, have you noticed the router overheating at all?

Let us know so we can best advise and help you out. 

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, the router is not configured as modem mode.

the router itself is not showing or feels as if it might be overheating, it is not hot to touch.

It is positioned out of any direct sunlight, clean and dust free  the vents are not obstructed in anyway.

the performance of my internet does experience some unpredictability since the red light appeared

What I have noticed is the device connected page no-longer detects anything connected to any of the Ethernet ports, it shows 0 devices connected, I have two devices connected no matter which Ethernet port I use it still does not detect them - both devices are working without issues. (I have replaced the Ethernet cables just because I can and no different)  - if I disconnect them both and reboot the router and the red light still continues.

Thanks for coming back to us @rolandjyoung, we would need to send a technician out to look into this as it could be an issue within the hub causing this.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Good Morning

After calling - I was told this not an issue a red light is normal and there no fault , I must be wrong. 

Virgin media as company continue to amaze me as there complete incompetence…  if I had alternative better .i would move  to another supplier in heartbeat. 

again virgin continues to be worst provider ever, it does not help the call center staff grasp of the English language still has a long way to go … 

Hi rolandjyoung, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community. 

I can see back when you last posted, our colleague Stephen picked this up to get things sorted. When we take you in to private message, it's so we can get things arranged without the need for you to contact other teams. 

Since you've posted this, I can see that you've been in a private message and an engineer appointment has indeed been arranged. 

Please keep us posted on how the visit goes. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs