cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Hub 3 Persistent red light

xcoldminex
Joining in

Hi all, my Hub 3 has had a persistent red power light for the past 4 days now and whilst it doesn't seem to be affecting my broadband or wifi connection at all, I'm afraid it might be a sign of impending failure of the unit. I've tried to phone in to talk to someone to get a new one sent out, however as the the connection itself isn't faulty, the automated menu informs me of that and then hangs up. 

I've looked up the issue on here and several others have had the same thing. I've tried resetting, I've tried turning it off for some time so it can 'cool down' (according to the manual this is a sign of overheating, yet its not hot to touch at all and leaving it off didn't remedy)

Are there any company representatives that can sort me a new Hub please? I'd rather not wait the 5 days for it to come once it gives up the ghost and be without internet as i work from home.

Many thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi xcoldminex, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with a red light on your hub. You have done the right thing by posting here so we can offer support. I will send you a PM to investigate further and offer support. 

It may be the case we need to send a technician to check the equipment or replace it if needed. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

Thanks to xcoldminex for PMing with me. 

An appointment has now been booked to help investigate and resolve the hub issue. 

You can view and manage appointments via your My Virgin Media account here. 

If you need to re-arrange the appointment and are unable to do so please get in touch via this thread or give us a call on 0345 454 1111 (150 from a VM landline). 

I hope the appointment goes well! Please let us know if there is anything else you need our support with. 

All the best!

Molly