cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin HUB 3.0 + 2x Black BT Disc

John94
Joining in

Just switched my broadband over from BT to VM today. 

From my BT broadband they issued me with 2 black discs for boosting my Wi-Fi signal. I’ve reviewed various threads trying to find a solution similar to mine. I can’t see any other posts with the same issue I understand one need to be permanently connected to router via Ethernet and the other can be wireless, just can’t get the first to connect.

My issue is that I can’t get the First Disc to connect via Ethernet, the LED shows as solid red instead of blue. 

I don’t really want to fork out for the white discs if my black discs are usable. Not the most knowledge when it comes to these things but if read so many posts saying it can be done but I don’t know what’s going wrong. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The black discs do not work with hubs that aren't issued by BT.

They are also property of BT and should be returned as you only "rent" them and they will ask for them back.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Aaron2
Well-informed

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-0-and-BT-Premium-Whole-Home-WiFi/td-p...

Most likely it's related to this. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Hey @John94,

How is it going at the moment with your connection? Was the advice on the link that @Aaron2 gave out helpful to you at all?

Regards

Steven_L

I don’t thinkso, I’m no tech wiz but I get the impression from researching online that the black discs *complete home WiFi discs* can’t be connected to any routers other than BTs but I may be wrong. Some clarification would be good if anyone else has been able to utilise the black discs 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Was you able to read through the thread attached? 

Cheers. 

The black discs do not work with hubs that aren't issued by BT.

They are also property of BT and should be returned as you only "rent" them and they will ask for them back.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi