cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Connect - Pause Devices

Skittler62
Tuning in

Hi,

I am considering switching from BT to Virgin Broadband but have a question on the Connect App if anyone can help.

I am aware you can pause individual device access to Wi-Fi through the App, but is this just a manual on/off or can you schedule times when devices get access? We are Foster carers so it is an important part of the safer care plan for our cared for children.

Thanks,

Jon

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
The Connect App intermittently works, at best, and it doesn't work with the Hub4 or Hub5 that VM are pushing out now.

So in essence, it's useless.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks Gary,

I appreciate the App may not work properly. But is there an auto option there at least?

Jon

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are really concerned, use the VM Hub in Modem mode and buy a 3rd Party Router with good parental controls.  The ISP Hubs will never perform, or have the features of a Router from a manufacturer who's business is making Routers.  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. It's not a concern, it's a must have.

We are currently with BT and they have that function through their App so as much as I would prefer Virgin, it sounds like I'm going to have to stick.