cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Connect App unable to ‘find’ Hub 5?

DavidOliver
Joining in

I see there are previous posts on this topic however I have tried the advice of resetting hub, reinstalling Virgin Connect app, and deleting the profile, but still cannot connect to the Hub 5.

I only joined Virgin this week and haven’t been able to connect the app/ hub. I note the connection is different to Virgin’s guidance video which indicates an Ethernet cable should be connected to the hub in step 5. My set up however only has the white coax cable from the box to the hub (engineer did not fit an Ethernet). My TV and internet works fine without it however. 
Any advice would be greatly received.

IMG_5139.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Connect app backend seems to take several days to catch up with new Hub installs.  It may just take time,

Just make sure you are connected to the VM Hub's wifi and you are not using VPN's or iOS Private Relay.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Connect app backend seems to take several days to catch up with new Hub installs.  It may just take time,

Just make sure you are connected to the VM Hub's wifi and you are not using VPN's or iOS Private Relay.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks Adduxi,

I have disconnected from the iOS Private Relay as advised - unfortunately however it hasn’t resolved the issue. I will give it another few days and hopefully the app will settle.

Thanks again 👍

Hi Adduxi,

I tried setting up the app this morning and… success! I just needed to be patient and the app has now caught of with the hub as you suggested.

Thank you

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DavidOliver   Glad you got it sorted. The app can be a bit fickle 😊