cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Connect App Hub5

skyesoul1
Tuning in

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could advise me why when I use the Virgin Connect app it is detecting three hub 5s.is it possible that it could detect my neighbours hubs as we have a split cable between 4 of us which is impacting the signal I am getting. I have poor broadband, TV interruptions due to the signal dropping out. I should be getting 1gig from the hub but as soon as the neighbours are home my signal drops out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @skyesoul1

I am sorry to hear this has been delayed. 

Did the team advise what has caused this?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi skyesoul1,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify on this, are you able to pick up your own Hub at all?

Also do you currently have any signal boosters currently?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain

Thanks for your reply.

I can sometimes pick up my hub and quite often the app  tells me that my hub cannot be found or that I need to reboot. 

I do have one booster and I tried to get a couple more but the customer service agent said that they were having computer issues and would call me back in a couple of hours but never did. I get the impression they don't like to give you the WiFi pods for some reason. 

I have been told that I need a cable pulled to my house to get the correct signal I need to give me a broadband speed that will work with the hub 5 so that all my services will work. I have a date for this to happen but this has been an ongoing issue and in the past whenever an appointment has been made for the work to be carried out by a subcontractor it has never happened as the contracter or Virgin media have cancelled the appointment and made up all sorts of excuses as to why the work did not go ahead! 

Hi skyesoul1

Thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry to hear of any negative past experience with any construction work. 

I can see you have got a current repull booked in as well, you should be able to view the visit in your online account - virg.in/myVM

In relation to the Pods, I am sorry you have been given this impression. You can have upto 3 Pods. However, we would need to fully diagnose they are needed before sending one out (we send one at a time). This is to avoid wasting your time when receiving a Pod may not fix your issues. 

The Connect App issue you mentioned, can you delete and re-add the app for us to see if this fixes it?

Then when the repull has been completed, do a full wireless scan in the property?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

I have deleted and reinstalled the Connect app and it is working at the moment.

I think maybe the pods won't solve my issue with the signal dropping out and  especially as the signal is not strong enough to work with a hub5 but I really don't appreciate being told by customer services that they will call me back and then not doing so.

I look forward to retesting the signal strength if the cable is repulled but given my previous experience I am not expecting this too happen. Especially after customer services not bothering to call me back. I hope I am wrong and the cable is pulled and the problem sorted but I won't hold my breath! 

I told the person who sold me the 1gig package about the issues I had with the previous hub5 and they told me that the problem with the signal dropping out had been sorted with this hub. Clearly this is not the case. 

Hi skyesoul1,

Thank you for reaching back out, please let us know once the re-pull has been completed, if you are still facing issues with the signal at that point we can get look into our Pods for you.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul 

Thanks for your reply.

I will let you know when the repull is done but what a surprise that I have just received a text to say that my repull appointment has been moved! This is exactly what happened the last time I was told I was getting a repull and it never happened. 

Every time it gets to or near the date of the appointment the appointment gets moved further away. 

I think it might be better if I just save myself some time and just cancel all my services and move to another provider. 

Hi @skyesoul1

I am sorry to hear this has been delayed. 

Did the team advise what has caused this?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki

My repull appointment has been rescheduled again.A new excuse has been given. It has been moved to the 23/03/23 but I don't believe it will ever happen so I think it's time to look for another provider. 

Hi Vikki

This time I have been told the the cabling route hasn't been agreed. I had this happen a few years ago and I left because it did not happen so I will now have to leave because the cable outside my house has now been split with more people and the  1gig broadband and services are not fit for purpose.