Menu
Paul8282
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Connect App - Android

I was sent a booster by Virgin Media. Installed, copied Wifi address/password from Hub 3, all working well and could see connected devices on Virgin Media Connect App. 

After few weeks no longer able to see Booster on the App, although I can see the Hub 3. I believe the Booster is working ok, although as it has the same broadcast / password as the Hub I don't necessarily know if a device is connected to the Hub or Booster.  

So the issue is I am unable to see the Booster on the app and therefore unable to see any devices connected to the Booster (although can see Hub and devices connected to it). 

I have done the following:

- Contacted Virgin Media on live chat, telephone and via the App - they cant see any issues / unable to resolve. 

- I have rebooted the following, the Hub 3, the Booster.

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App.

- I have re-set the Booster, the Hub (using the re-set button using a pin). 

- I have re-installed the Booster.

- I have tried loading the App onto a 2nd device - same issue - unable to see Booster.

Any ideas/suggestions.thoughts/views would be appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Connect App - Android

Hi Paul8282,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, Are you still having the same issue?

Have you done a pin reset on the router?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul8282
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your response, as detailed in my original I have done a pin hole re-set on both boosters and the hub and yes the same problem exists

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul8282

I am sorry you have had these issues, this does seem very strange to happen, when using the app, there is a help section with a specially dedicated team that can support on 
the Virgin Media connect app, Have you been able to speak to them about this?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Paul8282
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

Lol, have you ever actually used the "Help, Message Us" facility via the VirginMedia Connect App? You send a message, two or three days later someone responds. They ask you to confirm your name, I provide it. Several hours later I get another message, "Hey, how can we help you". I respond, two days later you get another message, "We just need to confirm your details" - I'm sure your getting the picture. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I see, I am assuming that pursuit was not particularly fruitful, I have emailed some colleagues that work with this app for you, I will hopefully get a reply today.
Please pop back if I have not reached out to you in a couple of days Smiley Happy

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Paul8282
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Joe, appreciated.

The response on the Connect App via Message us /Help was pretty awful TBH. it was terribly slow, then told I had been connected to wrong teams, apparently connected to mobile, so query sent to another team. The App, when in help, constantly says "Still trying to connect" despite good Wifi and all other Apps working well over Wifi. Same issues on another device. Unfortunately VirginMedia have not suggested an engineer visit. I raised a complaint, regarding another matter, that VirginMedia never even responded to for nearly two months before I contacted the CEO. Think time to consider going to Sky. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul8282

I have sent another email chasing this, apologies for the delay.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Paul8282
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Joe, app still not working, tried reinstall everything again (following hard re-set) , from Hub 3, boosters, app - same issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No worries, I am hoping to hear back from this today, it does seem a few of that team are away at the moment, I am sorry for the delay.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos