cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Broadband Box attached to house

byrnesv
Joining in

I hope someone can help on this forum as I cannot get through via email or phone to Virgin Media. A large Virgin box has been attached to the outside wall my house without my permission. It has been very poorly attached and has caused damage to my wall. I have photos which I can share. Can you please help me contact someone in Virgin to address this urgent query  

Regards

13 REPLIES 13

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @byrnesv

Thank you so much for your post to our community forums and welcome to the team.

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! Just to confirm, did you have an install booked with us at all?

Are you able to provide an image of the box attached?

Thanks again.

Hi Ashleigh

No I did not book any installation.

See attached photos 

I have photos, how do I attach them to this post?Box.jpgBox 2.jpgBox 3.jpgBox 4.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It is odd - the wall looks like something was attached there previously.

Is that so and this has just replaced it ?

Were they VM operators who did the install?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

... or you may be a lucky man - as in fibre to the premises!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Hi byrnesv, thanks for providing the photos and welcome back to the forums. 

I will send you a private message to get some location information so that this can be looked into further. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, 

Chris. 

That looks like a distribution cabinet and they are almost always located on pavements and grass verges.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Are you sure it's Virginmedia's? 

From the photos it looks as if it's not actually fixed to your house. If it's standing on the public pavement and has permission from the Council there isn't anything you can do. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

The OP will no doubt tell us - but it looks like a VM fibre cabinet (FTTP).  Looks just like the ones they put into Wargrave, Berks.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

I forgot to say that I suspect that the cabinet has replaced one that's probably been there for donkey's years.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection