Menu
BusterG
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Vigin router 3.0 wont retain infomation after setting

Hi i phoned up virgin media today and this might be more of a complaint geadong your way two,   several days ago your customer services stated we be having mataince in our area after network going down for many hours which is understandable of it needs doing,     The problem is since it has besn down I have had many issues with obtaining dchp data for my xbox the router wont detect the xbox one s via eithernet which doesnt bother me much as it get connection from wifi still for now. 

But thats not the main issue when you change passwords, change your ssid for wifi with new passwords and portfordward ports and mac address how thibgs shoukd be. clicking change at the bottom each time to save like normal.  The problem is its still no detrcting xbox via direct cable,    checked sll cabling and tp power links too there fine,   taken xbox down to my brothers the xbox works fine.    

now returning to the router now and again it will click and reboot itself all data gone,  going though reseting all data manually again to the point if it reboot again its gone.   now i understand if you did a factory default it should wipe all contents,  but this just a genral reboot wven tested it bu clicking router router yet ut still wipes all data. goto the point of phoning your support broadband team they was quick to pass the buck to another team that will cost me money for some one just to try and portforward my  xbox on wifi  not exactly what i asked for she got frustrated and hung the phone call thought it was problem witj line so i telephoned again this time im annoyed as the next guy did excalty same thing and wont listen to someone that has high Cisco engineering knowlege there something worng with the router not the xbox as the xbox connect by wifi ok.   its the fact is they keep passing me off to another company wanting to charge for a service which i did not ask for this time i had a rude woman she wasnt listing either and wanted to set up portforwards to wifi verson of the xbox now it feels like im banging my head againt thr wall and blew a fuse hung the call,   my eldery mother ( account holder )  called this os tge thrif time on the sane day wr had another **bleep** customer service rep on the phone and he statec that anything to do with gadget on virgin media has though go though another team again hes adment its not the router as the problem its the console im sick and tired of this and pushed me into this other call we dont need this time its the first woman that picked up the call answered by her name asked for the accound mame and number with in seconds she hung the call now the whole family **bleep** off with this shocking p ss poor customer service.

were also getting problems with tivo box also

im sorry but you cant test everything vis your software you have to be directly here to see the issues,   I have followed the step by step supported by microsoft for there condole how to resolve dchp not issuing and ipaddress,   even not a static address will work as the router isnt even seeing the device is connected by wire.

i keep the console on wifi for now.

but the router any time it reboots by it self which is frequently in the night resets everything, Were are not happy with this service any longer.  If you cant provide and person thats fully techaical savy on a customer service role has knowlege whats going off then there is no point calling customer service, doesnt help its during christmas period either.    But there be many more calls like mine coming through knowing its not the console at fault its your rubbish 3.0 hub all i can say its a bad dont even bother with it i rather get better speeds though a ashtray  pluging my eithernet to this.

But seriously if your customer services doesnt want to do there job instead of passing the buck or worse hanging the call up isnt on. Its rude and not very happy.   they could have done with better service provided whats worse were paying over £115 per month to what other people are paying far less on even new customer get the better deal packages and were paying over the odd for being loyal customers.   If there was a better provider out there we would have jummped over thats how much you really upset my fokes.    my dad annoyed with programs hes watching then the channle either cuts out with a error call 150 or you turn it on in the morning no sound.   you have to reboot the tv box to get sound back.    

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vigin router 3.0 wont retain infomation after setting

Hello BusterG,

I am very sorry to hear you have had these issues, I am going to send you a private message so we can look into this for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos