cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor speeds after 9pm. Been complaining for a year

MAGHA
On our wavelength

So. Just about to leave Virgin. But thought I would give it one last try. 
Virgin - please don’t ask me silly questions. You have all my many conversations and messages here as well as 2 engineer visit reports for any background. 

For almost a year my internet speed drops from over 200 to 20 and under. See pics. 
You have 7 days to fix this or I’m off to another provider. 

FD44DCC7-9B36-4916-B4FE-701CA04DD9BC.png

C20554F6-57A0-446E-9270-F0B747F4D0A9.png

27 REPLIES 27

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry, we can only see what was affecting you, can you let us know how it is looking?

I have checked our systems and can see you are in modem mode, so we are unable to do any more checks, if you could take this out and we can take a look for you 🙂

Zoie

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Hi. I have removed my other device and only have the Virgin hub connected. Can you now run the diagnostics? I need this king running issue to be fixed. 

Hye MAGHA, thank you for reaching out and for confirming this.

Since our last chat I can see you have been speaking the team, have they managed to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Had a new Hub "installed" by an "engineer", who could find nothing wrong apparently that was causing the low broadband speeds.

I have given it a good few weeks and there has been no improvement.

I am therefore compiling a report on my year long issues to the Ombudsman to complain!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Those speed tests you posted were over WiFi, and as I expect you know WiFi speeds are not guaranteed. What speeds do you get with an ethernet connection?  Your BQM doesn't look bad. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

MAGHA
On our wavelength

I don’t use an Ethernet cable for my phone or any other devices. I’m paying for speeds of around 200. A speed of 10 Mbps is unacceptable when it happens 80% of the time. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@MAGHA wrote:

I don’t use an Ethernet cable for my phone or any other devices. I’m paying for speeds of around 200. A speed of 10 Mbps is unacceptable when it happens 80% of the time. 

You're paying for speeds of 200 Mb at the Hub, which is all Virgin will guarantee. If you use only WiFi then you are on your own, and I'm afraid you will not get very far with any complaint. 

You can of course get much better WiFi speeds, but that will involve you in some effort and/or some expense, as we all have to do. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

MAGHA
On our wavelength

Totally disagree with you 🙂

The service was okay before but has NOT been for over a year. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response MAGHA,

Just to clarify are you able to test any wired devices at all?

As with the nature of Wi-Fi speeds can always fluctuate as we can only guarantee broadband connection speeds.

Regards,

Kain

MAGHA
On our wavelength

I know they can fluctuate but why is the WiFi speed so pathetically low as in around 20 Mbps or less almost every evening after about 8pm and often during the day?????