cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor connection

KirstyHT
Joining in

I have really poor internet connection, the app on my phone registers an intermittent connection keeps going me the message to wait 24 hours. It's 'fixed' just long enough to keep resetting that timer. I can stream on my sky glass with regular pauses but my laptop is basically unusable. When it is usable the signal is really spotty upstairs even though the app says it isn't. I can never find an option to actually speak to a person. How can I get this sorted? The cables etc are connected and it's a brand new port in my property.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post the full set of power levels and network log from the Hub.   Also setup a BQM to record and monitor the incoming circuit.  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Also install the VM Connect app to scan and "optimise" the wifi signal from the Hub.  This will also advise if you need Pods from VM to spread the wifi throughout the property.  These Pods are either free or £8pm depending on which VM tarriff you are on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I set up this monitor a while ago to check it, but I can't see any obvious problems. The checks I can run through the site are now saying to come back in '0' hours to book an engineer with no way to actually speak to a living person! I also have the connect app. The problem is that when I run the checks, it either says there are no problems / good speed, or the connection is so bad the app doesn't work at all. I should be entitled to the pods for free.

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ba6f8435dfbf1b39c01188448d5b8af7e3bd0f43]My Broadband Ping[/url]

I don't know how to obtain or post the power levels / network log from the hub though.

Hello KirstyHT.

Thanks for your post and welcome back again. Sorry you are not getting the service we expect out customers to have.

I have checked a few things here on the Hub and signal and can see we have arranged for a technician to attend.

If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
Can you please let us know how the visit goes.

Gareth_L