cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very noisey broadband - any ideas?

ozsat
Superstar

So I have BQM running all the time - and for a couple of days now have go the following style report - this one is from Sunday but Saturday was the same.

The modem levels all look good on both modems - the top one is a SH3 (50Mb) and the bottom one is a SH4 (1Gb).

Before anyone says it is likely to be noise in the line - the two reports are from different locations not only over two miles apart but in different villages too.  It looks as if both hubs are being hit by the same issue at the same time.

All I can think is either it a a widespread issue in the Oxford area or part of,  or the route taken by the test itself has an issue.

Anyone any ideas what else to look for if this comes up again?

Screenshot 2022-04-11 055546.png

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5
6 REPLIES 6

cje85
Trouble shooter

All VM customers are seeing the same thing on their TBB graphs. There is a fault on a server related to NTT.net somewhere between VM and ThinkBroadband but, other than making the graph look poor, it shouldn't impact your service.

That's good to know - thanks.  I wasn't seeing any issues although I was out for most of the time.

BQM showing peak time latency issues for Virgin Media users 

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Take a look at My Thread there are a few extra details all collated

Already added - cheers

@RR-IT-GUY wrote:

Take a look at My Thread there are a few extra details all collated

No problem, I just added it incase anyone else came across the thread and was wondering what was happening.