Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very low internet speed - no upload!!!

Guys,

The issue is simple:

I should have up to 100mbps download and up to 10 mbps download

For last week I've had up to 33 mbps download and up to 0.1(!!!!!) upload instead

Does anyone know what is the reason?

Many thanks for any suggestion.

P.S.

If your advice is "to switch off and on the device" I'll hunt you and kick your ...

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very low internet speed - no upload!!!

You didnt say, which Hub model is it? SH1,SH2,SH2ac or Hub3 ? What are the lights showing/doing on it? Have you tried the factory pinhole reset ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, it's Super Hub 2ac. All 5 lights are on - shining in blue.

And yes, I have tried to reset using the whole on the back. And I have switched it off, waited approx. minute and switched it on - nothing helped. I can't upload photos to internet (and it's annoying because I run the business and I can't advertise it) using wifi - I have to turn my mobile into hotspot in data transfer mode (without wifi) and then upload photos.

I've just checked speed again - upload 0.17 mbps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends – disconnect then and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.!

Then lest see some connection/Hub data..

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) of first page up (dont Logon) and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

You didn't say whether you were getting network disconnections so , in the meantime. Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your answer - I guess you overestimate my computer skills.

It's not clear for me what I can or cannot publish - I've never had such problem.

What I have found is many the same logs: 

82000200No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Currently the speed is so low I'm not sure I'll be able to send this message -2.24 mbps download, 0 upload...

Could you please explain it to me like to 5yo kid?

I've created account on thinkbroadband but haven't got yet e-mail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Endizz,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

I have checked remotely and can see you are getting a new hub, please let us know how this goes

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos