cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Upload Speed

radier_101
On our wavelength

I'm getting a very poor upload speed about 0.10 mb intermittently. This means that it's impossible to work from home - Teams breaking up. I've had this problem since last Tuesday. I've reported the fault a few times but I've still got the issue. The people I've spoke to pick up the issue when they do a test on my connection but have no idea when it's going to be fixed. So much for 1GB broadband!

13 REPLIES 13

radier_101
On our wavelength

PS I live in the Swansea SA5 area

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Well the Service status number just said that I have no issues in my area even though my upload speed is 0.11 Mbps!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you post up the Hub data.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up login (on the Hub4) and navigate to the pages and then just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @radier_101, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry you've been having issues with your upload speeds recently.

If you could kindly upload a Boadband Quality Monitor (from today's date), that would be much appreciated.

However, I do think you should start to notice an improvement from tomorrow, as there has been a congestion issue highlighted so please report back from tomorrow and hopefully you'll have noticed some improvements on this matter.

Many thanks

Tom_W

radier_101
On our wavelength

Hi, I'm back to 50 Mbps upload speed at the moment. For the last few days, my upload speed drops to almost zero late evening and doesn't come back to normal until about 11.00 am the following day. Which makes it difficult to work from home. I have to use my phone as a hotspot in the mornings!

Just dropped again no upload speed at 6.30pm

Today's snapshot. I reported the fault yet again and all they could suggest was resetting the router. Not much help. Why does it drop out at the same time every day? https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f72fb08384eebc7c23867ec5d860080aec...