cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Hot Hub 4

Unknown67
Up to speed

Came In from work this morning and Wifey couldn't watch anything on catchup because of no internet connection. I lost Wi-Fi on my phone too, but Asus Mesh was still connected to Hub 4. Rebooted Mesh and it was still no Internet connection. 

Checked Hub 4 and it was roasting hot on top and sides. Its in a well ventilated place. So gave it a dust off just in case and a reboot. Its running in modem mode, so its not under that much stress. Back up and running but for how long?

Speeds are fine and the stats look ok, but it looks like my 2 year old Hub 4 is loosing the plot. Been back on 30 mins and its roasting hot again.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @Unknown67 and please do let us know how the appointment goes, thats if you get a chance.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond here in due course

Until then - switch it off and unplug from the mains when n-one is in or you are asleep

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Unknown67,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub getting very hot, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @Unknown67 and please do let us know how the appointment goes, thats if you get a chance.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven for sorting an appointment out so quickly. Will post updates after the visit 👍👍

Lovely tech Ian has replaced my Hub 4, with another Hub 4. He did say that it was really hot and needed replacing. New hub is now in modem mode and running great and a lot cooler. Good Job well done.

945 down 52 up. Maxing out the ethernet port on PC.