cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN

bob141
Joining in

Since Friday we have been having problems connecting to our employers VPN through Virgin. Two of us use Cisco and one iPass but neither works. It’s been fine before Friday. We are using Hub3.0 and as I said have had no problems all through lockdown when working from home. Non VPN internet is fine though it did keep dropping out on Friday,as did TV. Any advice much appreciated as no one seemed to know when I called support

Bob

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Dose the VPN work with the hub in modem mode?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Thanks for the reply ,it seems to work .However, although there were no issues noted on the status page it appears there has been some sort of outage in the area with an estimated fix time of Nov 1st. Looks like the problem may resolve itself once the outage is fixed. Still no admission on the status page though 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bob141 

If nothing is showing  in the check status page you should also try the  automated Service Status number on 0800 561 0061. 

This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi bob141, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with connecting whilst using a VPN. 

Checking your account, I can see all is looking well with the Hub itself however there is a fault open that is affecting you though. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009392422   
  • Estimated fix time: 01 NOV 2021 09:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs