Menu
Daznkel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VPN droppping when using Skype for Business

I have been working from home since 23/03/20 connected via VPN using Cisco Anyconnect. Up until the last month or so have not had any issues other than the odd random drop out. However, for the last month I have had an ongoing issue, when making a call via Skype for Business. All other aspects of Skype work fine, but every time I make a call, it drops and my VPN disconnects and I end up having to use MS Teams instead. However this limits the types of conversation I can have as Teams is not permitted for use in our business for certain secuirity classifications. 

Having reported the issue to the company IT support, they have told me this is not the first instance they are aware of across the business with Skype/Cisco Anyconnect users who have Virgin media as their ISP and to contact Virgin to attempt to resolve the matter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN droppping when using Skype for Business

Disable ANES on your account

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Daznkel
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

I have now disabled ANES on my account. I will see how it pans out over the current working week and see if it has fixed the issue. 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Daznkel

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are having this issue with your VPN.

I know you have only just tried the advice from @gary_dexter but please do feed back and let us know if this has helped! If not I will take a further look into this for you! 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos