cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN dropouts on hub 5

Rosie_J
Joining in

I have to work from home reguarly and have to access my employers network via their secure VPN. I've never had a problem until we upgraded from out hub 3 to a 5. Since then, I was unable to access the network. My IT department gave some advice and from that I disabled the advanced network error search. This worked for a while but all of a sudden I'm back to square one with no access! My IT department can't help further as it's an issue with my ISP. 

Any help would be appreciated so I can actually do my job!

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes a number of people have reported the same issue on the newer VM Hubs. Search the forum and see if any of them have found a solution that works for you.

Although TBH - I think the only guaranteed solution is to change your Hub/router. You could get your Hub3 reactivated (do you still have it) and send the Hub5 back. Unfortunately that wont be possible if you went to 1GB unless you would revert back to the old package.

Or if you want to stay on 1 `GB then get your own better quality wireless router that doesnt have these VPN issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Rosie_J,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection, as you posted on Monday, I just want to check if you're still having issues connecting to your VPN at the moment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks John 👍🏻

Hi Steven, yes it's still ongoing. I'm finding I have to switch my router off and back on again every time I log into my laptop - not ideal!

Thanks 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use hub in modem mode get your own router VM will not jump to fix it any time soon.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rosie_J,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with your VPN. 

I am afraid what the other users have mentioned is true, we don't support VPN's on our network and so it would be an issue your work would need to continue to look into. 

The other advice the users have given might be helpful, I am sorry that we cannot help directly with this issue though. 

I wish you all the best with getting this issue resolved.

Megan_L

What is frustrating as I didn't have an issue with my old Hub 3 but it has only started since we upgraded to a Hub 5!

I'm now in a situation where my IT dept are saying its my ISPs issue and Virgin are sati g it's my employers issue. Perhaps I'll just give up and switch to Sky or BT.... 

There were known issues with the Hub 5 and VPNs while it was in trial. I guess this wasn't completely fixed with the move to general release.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

I've had a recent firmware update for the HUB 5, so may be worth checking your HUB stats to see if/when it occurs to see if it helps:

Hello Rosie_J.

Just a quick message to see how things are now. 

Have you checked the information given above by @carl_pearce?

Gareth_L