Menu
JordanCh1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VPN Routing Issue

My work VPN is failing intermittently (very frequently, several pings dropped every minute or so) and it has only occurred since moving to Virgin Media recently.

I work for a large IT firm and I am certain that the VPN tunnel is fine - the internet locally (outside VPN) is fine and does not drop. It sounds like it's something either on the router or a hop between Virgin and my company causing the problem.

How can I get this investigated/fixed as the customer service seems non-existent and I don't particularly want to use their 'Gadget Rescue' because it's an issue with Virgin, therefor I don't feel I should be paying for the fix.

Any help or suggestion would be hugely appreciated! Thanks all.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN Routing Issue

@JordanCh1 wrote:

My work VPN is failing intermittently (very frequently, several pings dropped every minute or so) and it has only occurred since moving to Virgin Media recently.

I work for a large IT firm and I am certain that the VPN tunnel is fine - the internet locally (outside VPN) is fine and does not drop. It sounds like it's something either on the router or a hop between Virgin and my company causing the problem.

How can I get this investigated/fixed as the customer service seems non-existent and I don't particularly want to use their 'Gadget Rescue' because it's an issue with Virgin, therefor I don't feel I should be paying for the fix.

Any help or suggestion would be hugely appreciated! Thanks all.

Considering VM is a residential service unless you've signed up to a business account I'm not sure how much help you will get.

FYI I use a Windows VPN for work and have had no issues with it.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if your connection is fine without the VPN then the connection is working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What have your IT team said after looking at logs and running tracert’s etc. ?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos