Menu
joshk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VOIP Audio not working

Hi,

We now have virgin business broadband and router Hitron CGNV4 and Gigaset Maxwell pro 3 VOIP phones via Gradwell. Our audio on the handset is not working, the receiver can hear me fine.

SIP ALG is disabled on the router.

I have also set up this port forwarding on the router (not sure if done it right) ...

SIP 5060~5075 5075~5075 UDP 192.168.0.10

voice 16384~32768 16384~32768 UDP 192.168.0.10

Outboundproxy 5082~5082 5082~5082 UDP 192.168.0.10

The phone is going directly into the router. 

Anyone able to provide any advice? I believe its the router causing the problems,

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VOIP Audio not working

Hi joshk1,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'd like to take a look at this for you but I'm having difficulty locating your account so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dombarnes
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this issue. How do I speak to someone to get assistance with this?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should be asking this question on the business forum, not the residential one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
dombarnes
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Firstly I'm a residential customer who works from home, responding to a post where the OP has asked the same question and was given some assistance. 

Secondly, I assume your binary/hex joke is an automatically inserted footer and not you being unnecessarily condescending, since knowing hex/binary has nothing to do with being able to access any kind of setting to adjust my superhub for better SIP access.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dombarnes

I do appreciate you getting in touch with us.

As this VOIP service is not one we have provided for you but one you are using yourself can you confirm if this is still an issue for you?

Do you have issues with other internet based systems using our broadband?

I have been unable to see any issues with your service when checked

Please let us know.

Kind regards.

karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
eattheliving
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't know if this will help but I had a similar issue when using my PAP3 adapter with sipgate. I found that if I connected my superhub through to a network switch, then connected the pap adapter to the switch then everything was ok.

0 Kudos