Menu
Madmax1955
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VMDG480 reset the WiFi password by itself.

Last night my Virgin router VMDG480 reset the WiFi passwords.  This is the second time this has happened.  Security cameras stopped working and my wife ended using all her 4G Data as didn't realise the wifi wasn't connected.  Not impressed.  Last time was 22nd December.  Why does this keep happening?  How can I stop it?  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VMDG480 reset the WiFi password by itself.

The SH1 is an old museum piece now. Call it in as a fault, tell them your Hub's wifi has stopped working altogether and you cant connect any of your wifi devices and you would like a technician to fix it or a replacement - and you will get a new Hub3

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Or you can use the hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and that should be stable.

Madmax1955
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why has nobody replied?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We have see above !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madmax1955,

I am sorry to hear you've been having issues with this. Are you still experiencing issues with the router resetting your passwords? When was the previous time it had done this?

Thanks

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Madmax1955
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s only done twice in 30 days.  But it is so disruptive.  If it does again it’s out the window.  Thanks 

0 Kudos