cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM is nothing but a liar

joannelfy
Joining in

After 10+ phone calls battle with VM yesterday, the only thing I learnt as a new customer is that VM is nothing but a liar.

I purchased a M200 board band package with £75 credit on 19/11/2021 and I chose Click and Collect for my quick-start kit which should be due to be delivered on 23/11.

While it hasn’t been delivered to my chosen collect point, I message on Live Chat with Simon. He said “you can go today”- Lie no.1. The parcel was never at the collect point.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 12.21.34 pm.png

When I checked the detailed tracking, it shows two attempted delivery and the parcel was returned to the depot. I called the off-license collect point, the owner said Collect+ has paused the delivery to their shop as previous parcels have taken up all the space. That means my kit will never be delivered to this collect point in short time and VM site let me choose a collect point that is not working and does not even let me choose another one.

So I called VM and wish to change to another collect point, of course, I have told the agent everything including the conversation I had with the off-license owner.

He said he cannot change it online so he had to call the Collect+ and will give me a callback. - Lie no.2 Of course, he is not gonna call back, what am I thinking.

I called again, the same request. This time, the guy said he can cancel the original kit and send me a new kit directly to my house on 29/11 (which is 6 days later than the original 23/11). Okay fine, I accepted. And shortly after, VM send me an email saying that I will be compensated £5/delay day that is their fault.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 12.21.54 pm.png

2 hours later, I received a welcome email from VM and it states that I only have £40 credit. wth?! How could you deduct my original £75 credit to £40 when it is none of my faults.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 11.34.02 am.png

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 11.33.23 am.png

I am extremely frustrated and furious, and I called again.

The first person said she cannot do anything until the first bill arrived- Lie no. 3.

The second person, I am too tired to repeat my story for 10 fxxking times. I asked can you tell me everything you know on the note and I will tell you the missing part.

“You want to cancel the service” THE END

“I will put that down in the note.” - Lie no.4 Said by every one of them, and that is what’s in the note for fxxk sake.

And of course, I had to tell the same story and that I never want to cancel the service. I just want to get my router. I asked him specifically to put these in the note that none of it is my fault as VM let me choose a non-working Collect point in the first place and I couldn’t receive my kit on the promised date. They do not say a word of their wrongdoings and try to put the blame on the customer, what a nice start to a new customer.

At last, the agent did say he guaranteed there is £75 credit in my account and he will put through a rolling £2 credit each month for the entire 18 months contract period.

But after all the lies I got, and basically, none of the things promised to me have been done so far, I do not have much faith in this. Until I can see £75 credit, £2 rolling credit and £5 x 6days = £30 compensation credit is clearly shown on my account and received my ROUTER, I will not believe a single word coming from Virgin Media. And I strongly advised whoever see this, don’t believe them and choose another provider. For now, I will wait and see if I got everything promised and the internet is fast enough as they claimed, otherwise I will go through everything for my consumer rights and change company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Good afternoon @joannelfy I've flagged your post for staff to respond to, what you describe won't be the standards that they want to see, and I'm sure they can help.  Two of your images have been approved, two have not, and that's because the unapproved images contained an account number and an order tracking number which are not suitable to share in a public forum.  You can repost with those edited out, or wait and see what the forum staff can advise based on your post.

VM are a big bit robotic when it comes to dealing with customers, and that's fine when things go well, it's dreadful when things go wrong, so hopefully all this can be sorted quickly.  If you do get to the point of deciding this isn't the company for you, bear in mind that you have until 14 days after you get connected as a cooling off period.  Up until then you can leave without penalty and without paying anything, after that it's 18 months lock in withy heavy early exit penalties. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Good afternoon @joannelfy I've flagged your post for staff to respond to, what you describe won't be the standards that they want to see, and I'm sure they can help.  Two of your images have been approved, two have not, and that's because the unapproved images contained an account number and an order tracking number which are not suitable to share in a public forum.  You can repost with those edited out, or wait and see what the forum staff can advise based on your post.

VM are a big bit robotic when it comes to dealing with customers, and that's fine when things go well, it's dreadful when things go wrong, so hopefully all this can be sorted quickly.  If you do get to the point of deciding this isn't the company for you, bear in mind that you have until 14 days after you get connected as a cooling off period.  Up until then you can leave without penalty and without paying anything, after that it's 18 months lock in withy heavy early exit penalties. 

Good Afternoon @joannelfy, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with our services, this is certainly not the start we would have wanted.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn