cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app

bwac2013
Joining in

Could anyone advise please why the VM connect app does not recognise VM intelligent wifi pod? I get a message saying I am using an unrecognised access point

32 REPLIES 32

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The pods have to be "activated" onto your account to be paired to your Hub. If that hasn't happened correctly you will have to call it in for that to happen.

Try the equipment activation number first - on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker on the pod (I assume it has one !) and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums,bwac2013

Do the pods show as connected to the hub? You can find more setup and troubleshooting help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-and-pods-troubleshooting

Cheers,

Corey C

I have stopped using the Pod I ran some tests and found the Pod was significantly reducing my wifi signal, so I am back to receiving about 160 mbps for M350

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Do you have a HUB4 (I think you need  for the new POD's but not 100% on that)?

If so the app (even after the update the other day) still does not support the HUB4.

no I have a hub3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bwac2013 wrote:

I have stopped using the Pod I ran some tests and found the Pod was significantly reducing my wifi signal, so I am back to receiving about 160 mbps for M350

I don't use the Pods, but I believe they are not triband, so don't have a dedicated backhaul.  In that case every hop to a Pod will reduce the wifi speed.

What speed do you get when testing a cable connection direct to  the Hub with a Cat 6 cable?   VM will not take any notice of wifi speed tests as wifi is not guaranteed, only wired speeds to the Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jhuk
Trouble shooter

The POD is not Triple Band but the SuperPod is though not simultaneous (you can tell apart as it has 2 Ethernet ports).

SuperPod

• Wi-Fi Interfaces
    • Triple band, simultaneously operating 2.4GHz and 5GHz 2x2 MIMO and 5GHz 4x4 MU-MIMO 802.11b/g/n/ac radios
    • Operating bandwidths of 20/40MHz for 2.4GHz radio and 20/40/80MHz for 5GHz radios
    • AC3000 Gigabit Wi-Fi (400 + 867 + 1734 Mbps)
  • Wireless On-boarding Interface
    • Bluetooth® Smart Ready
  • They even list there newer WIFI 6 model (Triple Band and simultaneous + with addition of 160MHZ) under VM's page.

SuperPod Technical Specifications – Virgin Media X Plume

VM sold me the Pod and Intelligent wifi as part of an upgrade package and to improve my wifi so basically they sold me something that's useless?

I'm sorry I have know idea what you are talking about